Four Sevens Customer Service

defbear

Newly Enlightened
I have tried calling 4 7's in Georgia and never had someone answer the phone. Nor do they return phone calls. Nor do they respond to emails. I was starting to enjoy some of their lights but will dump Four Sevens as a brand if they cannot provide ANY service except to take your money. I've read this complaint on other posts. Am I off track? Is there a secret door?

Last edited:

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. I've tried calling, and emailing but do not get any responses.

jylong_away

Newly Enlightened
I must admit, I felt a bit better reading the previous two posts. At first I thought it was just me having issues, and that I maybe should have tried a bit harder. I posted a recent thread about issues I've had with a Bolt Mini, and how Foursevens CS has basically 'gone dark' the last few weeks. It does seem like a relatively recent thing, as I did call them about some other unrelated issues around the time the Knight and Paladin came out, and got through just fine (though this admittedly was before I'd paid for anything in that order).

It's a bit of a shame, as some of their products are quite innovative, despite what I feel has been a recent drop in overall product QC...

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been very happy with their service. They replied to my email with about 2 days. They also replied to me on this forum and got things straightened out. How long has it been since you first sent an email?

jylong_away

Newly Enlightened
I've been very happy with their service. They replied to my email with about 2 days. They also replied to me on this forum and got things straightened out. How long has it been since you first sent an email?

It's been about 19 days since I had *any* reply from them. Even then, that last email was a 'sorry, we're busy' response to a reminder email from me. Prior to that, it was *another* 2 weeks since their last contact.

I did leave a facebook comment on one of their 'lucky draw' posts, and it concerned me that rather than reply to the comment, they just reposted a new, separate 'lucky draw' post for the same light..

nnasko

Newly Enlightened
Wrote them twice last week about my QSL Smart problem. Not a single word from them. It is a shame, I had very positive experience with their CS a few years ago.

jylong_away

Newly Enlightened
Wrote them twice last week about my QSL Smart problem. Not a single word from them. It is a shame, I had very positive experience with their CS a few years ago.

I've sent a couple more emails in the last week, and still no hint of a reply. Has anyone had any luck, or got any tips about how to get a response from them?

The last company I dealt with that had this kind of change in customer service ended up shutting down suddenly a short while later....

nnasko

Newly Enlightened
I've sent a couple more emails in the last week, and still no hint of a reply. Has anyone had any luck, or got any tips about how to get a response from them?

The last company I dealt with that had this kind of change in customer service ended up shutting down suddenly a short while later....
Hi, after my third email yesterday I received an answer that my case is reported to the developers team and they are investigating why the side switch green light is missing. They apologised for the one week response delay.
So far so good.
Hope to hear some news again soon.

defbear

Newly Enlightened
I'm the OP. Nice Update! Yesterday I received an email from TJ at 4-7's. I want to exchange a bolt mini. Led is too green. TJ issued a RMA and said they would personally choose a better looking led. I had three other emails with TJ. I wanted another light and was given a coupon to use. Perhaps TJ was on vacation. Regardless at this point Four Sevens is replying to customer service requests. Good news! I do like their lights.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have staff on phones and emails all day but only during business hours. Some customers have complained that we don't pick up the phone and when I personally check the phone records I discovery that they call on weekends and in the middle of the night!!

As posted in our contact page we are open 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday excluding Holidays.
http://www.foursevens.com/contact/

Also sometimes we have company-wide meetings or lunches and phones may not be attended. And if you call between 4pm-5pm you'll likely not get through for some strange reason everyone calls just before 5pm and all our guys working the phone.
And if all our staff are on the phone you'll be redirected to voice mail.

Emails are typically replied to 24-48 hours but during peak season it may take longer. But do know that if you email us every few hours (yes this does happen) our system puts you in the back of the queue because the most recent email may be an update to the previous email so yes you get put in the back of the line if you email us once every hour.

Lastly, if you fill out the contact page instead of emailing us please please put your CORRECT email and phone number. So many times we reach out only to find out your contact info is missing or incorrect. We've had some people complain that we weren't getting back to people and I personally investigate this and it turns out contact info was wrong or missing.

One more thing, we also had lots of people repeatedly say we aren't replying to emails but we discover that our replies (all very prompt) have gone to your spam/junk filter. I know earthlink automatically does this as does other ISP's.

Hope this helps clarify.

defbear

Newly Enlightened
I no longer have a concern about FourSevens customer service. I exchanged my Bolt-Mini and TJ and the rest of the staff made it as painless as possible. I had several email conversations and the response was within a day or less. I believe FourSevens is making a good faith effort.

My only complaint concerning FourSevens customer service occurred a few weeks back. I e mailed TJ inquiring about an orange Preon P2. He replied that they were all sold, not a single one in stock. I replied with a request that he sell me one from his personal stash. (Pulp Fiction reference) He wrote back, stating he'd donate a kidney if I needed, but he would not part with his orange Preon P2. Seems like pretty damn good customer service to me. But still room for improvement. Orange Preon P2 hint hint. / :p

~ Chance

Luxrider

Newly Enlightened
I have a quark aa-2 that the batteries had leaked inside of and ruined the tailcap. I emailed 4sevens and got a response inside of a day, and a new tailcap at no charge within a few days. Just my experience with 4sevens. Ymmv but I think they have great customer service.

DAN92

Enlightened
I contacted customer service by email 5 days ago and I still have not received a reply, Litigation paypal in progress ...hopefully, the answer could be forthcoming. ;)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I contacted customer service by email 5 days ago and I still have not received a reply, Litigation paypal in progress ...hopefully, the answer could be forthcoming. ;)
So they didn't respond in 5 days to one email and you filed a paypal dispute?

7hns

Newly Enlightened
So they didn't respond in 5 days to one email and you filed a paypal dispute?

Expectations regarding customer service are rapidly evolving. There is little reason for companies to not respond within one day. Just my .02

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Expectations regarding customer service are rapidly evolving. There is little reason for companies to not respond within one day. Just my .02
Maybe evolution is wrong on this one. Anything could have happened to a single email message on either side. Seemed way too reactionary. I always had great CS from 4/7 but that's just my experience.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this case, should he be slightly annoyed? Yes. Enough to file a paypal dispute? No.
About the evolution, though, I believe it's in the right direction. In general, bad businesses are not going out of business fast enough.

Never judge a man or his company until you've walked two miles in his shoes.

:p That way, you'll be too far away to shoot, and he won't be able to catch you since he'll be barefooted.

+ 1 to the wise one that Walks in the Woods.

~ Chance