Single mode max output - who makes them?

Treeguy

Enlightened
Hello,

Besides the Surefire Tactical Fury lights, are there any other makers with single mode - high output lights?

The purpose of the light is as a bedside light: grab and go, no mode fumbling, always max brightness. Momentary a plus.

Thanks. :)

Taz80

Enlightened
For higher output Malkoff also has the Hound Dog and Wildcat, they are two mode (high/low) but if you keep the head tight its always high. For something a little less expensive the Klarus XT series, while multi mode, always come on in high.

chumley

Enlightened
I have a Four Sevens mmu-x3r that can be configured to only come on in max mode, I don't know if it still available though.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any day now, PK is supposed to have a single high mode of his PR1 out. Waiting on it with tailstanding cap myself. Or adapter + sf defender tailcap.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Apart from Surefire, Elzetta and Malkoff models...

The Streamlight Protac series (available in every battery configuration such as 1AAA, 1AA, 2AA, 1L, 18650 etc) can be programmed to come on in High only.
Pelcian's tactical lights (ranging from their small AA model all the way up to their large full size duty lights) can also be programmed to High only.
Brite Strike's Tactical Blue Dot line of lights also have High only models.

Basically all the above lights are designed and marketed towards law enforcement.

GoVegan

Enlightened
Smith and Wesson also have a high only 2AA model that is very popular (in real use not talking about flashaholics here, as sometimes it seems that most CPFers are only interested in lights that have multi-mode, disco mode or moonlight mode lol).

BTW the new Foursevens Preon series can also be programmed to High only.

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
If you want simple, grab and go,one mode high...Maglite mini, 272lm 2x AA one mode just on or off. Jeez guy's doesn't hurt think Inside the box sometimes:grin2::grin2::grin2:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want simple, grab and go,one mode high...Maglite mini, 272lm 2x AA one mode just on or off. Jeez guy's doesn't hurt think Inside the box sometimes:grin2::grin2::grin2:

I would want something easily operable with one hand for use as a bedside light, especially as my other hand would be holding a firearm in a "bump in the night" situation.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
X2 on the Pro Tac stuff.
If you change your mind a quick ten half presses and you can go back stock (hi/lo/strobe) or high only or low/hi.

The PK PR-1 (pocket Rocket) and FL 2 both start on high.
FL 2 is a 2 cell SureFire 6P sized where the PR-1 is about the size of a Bic lighter.

Also shown the 110 lumen PL 2 (pocket burner)

Last edited:

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would want something easily operable with one hand for use as a bedside light, especially as my other hand would be holding a firearm in a "bump in the night" situation.
I'm not knocking your point of view. But almost every country in the western world outside of N. American manages perfectly fine without the need for a firearm in the other hand.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

Besides the Surefire Tactical Fury lights, are there any other makers with single mode - high output lights?

The purpose of the light is as a bedside light: grab and go, no mode fumbling, always max brightness. Momentary a plus.

There are far more if you want to look further afield. Int'l Outdoor will sell you a single mode C8 for about $30.00 and it's a brilliant quality and functioning light. They also sell 1 mode p60 drop ins for about $17.00

So anything that takes a p60 can be single mode.

That said, it's really easy to mod many lights, so if all you want is single mode, then it really does open it up to several 100 or even 1000s of choices.

Not too mention there are plenty of "tactical' aimed lights from people like Klarus and Nitecore that always activate in high, so give the same real world affect.

nivek666

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

how about astrolux S3? you can set it to a single mode Hi.