T6VN vs K60 vs K70 Video Comparison of Three Big Best in Class (till recently) Lights

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
The one with the petals vs the other two. These are three great lights that each hold a position at the top of their respective category of flashlight.
While it's granted that the TN42 was just released today and will likely beat the K70 for throw, the question of who can see that far, lit up or not, begins to have a certain relevance when we talk about that last lumen of light out at those distances. The K70 is clearly still royalty when it comes to throw. Of course not everybody wants to buy a flashlight that can verify the sex of an owl in a tree at 700 meters, basically to the exclusion of everything else around.

The K60 is a real gem when it comes to thoroughly illuminating everything directly in front of you at short to mid-range distances and even gets a little bit of light out to that 700 meter range as a bonus. However, while it can get some light out to 700 meters, that light is for the most part unusable, and a lack of real throw would be near the top of the list if creating an argument for the K60s shortcomings.

So on one side, a light that can instantly tell you what and all activity there is on your block for about six houses down, or on the other side, a light for determining if the owl in the tree 600 meters away is male or female. And the question of which of these two lights to purchase has brought more than a handful of budding flashaholics to this forum as the battle of throw vs flood rages over access to our band accounts.

Let the fighting cease, for the great equalizer has cometh forth (you petal freaks don't ruin my moment here), It's the T6VN. Yes, it has petals, albeit very sharply defined and nicely displayed, but petals nonetheless. Some of the pluses for T6VN are about 5,500 lumens of light that shares a near perfectly balanced mix of flood and throw, fantastic tint imo, 1,270 meters on the throw side, significantly smaller than K60 or K70, a driver that is both easy to use and has depth to it too, does well thermally, and has great run times. While I don't have exact numbers for you guys for some of these statements, I've found all of them to be true in using my own T6VN. My lightbox showed 5,700 lumens for my own T6VN (TM16GT 3,700), I got over an hour of turbo runtime (with cooling) on LG HG2 3,000MAh batteries without much loss (always use high drain with this light). After an hour the T6VN still was very bright on turbo.

So while Nitecore has a lot of Tiny Monsters, there's only need for one Tiny Godzilla. For me that Godzilla is T6VN. I wouldn't even bother saying all these things if I didn't really feel that the T6VN is the best big lumen production light in my collection. I've posted a video here with a little more T6VN compared with K60, K70 discussion and also beamshots. Any other T6VN owners want to chime in? Here's that video guys. It's a bit older and I feel like I should maybe make an updated version since all three of these lights continue to hold relevance and interest.

One thing of importance though to note about the T6VN is that it can't be locked out to prevent accidental turn on so should always be kept in a known safe location when stored. If it can't be stored safely then the batteries should be removed. Good neutral tint is first but safety is a close second guys.

Straight to YouTube...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX0Aw8WjzDo

OR

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Cool vid, i only have a couple of the lights , the k60vn and k70vn and out of those both, the k60vn is my fav for the beam/spill brightness and large hot spot. Both can be ran at full tilt for long periods(ambient temp helps with the k60vn). I have a similar type to the T6 in the rc40vnT form, 500kcd ish and close to 8000lm which can be run for lengthy periods of time. I kind of enjoy the short blasts and get all that, but its sure nice to get it for decent lengths of time too. You need an rc40vnT:poke: the new tn40vn pips it in spec 4(although to the eye i guess it would be hard to tell), but heat is not its friend from the pushed xhp35 HI's.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Cool vid, i only have a couple of the lights , the k60vn and k70vn and out of those both, the k60vn is my fav for the beam/spill brightness and large hot spot. Both can be ran at full tilt for long periods(ambient temp helps with the k60vn). I have a similar type to the T6 in the rc40vnT form, 500kcd ish and close to 8000lm which can be run for lengthy periods of time. I kind of enjoy the short blasts and get all that, but its sure nice to get it for decent lengths of time too. You need an rc40vnT:poke: the new tn40vn pips it in spec 4(although to the eye i guess it would be hard to tell), but heat is not its friend from the pushed xhp35 HI's.
The T6VN has a lot of punch for it's size Ven. Sometimes on a real dark night, I can turn it on and it just scares the crap out of me because I'm not expecting it. However, it can still stay on in turbo for about 5 min straight without much worry. I know the RC40VNT beats that and is great, but for me I think it's going to be a passing ship, as will the TN40VN.

Last edited:

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
thanx for video.

i`ll think about this jetbeam..i`ll think )
Yes, there are several flashlights I only think about. The T6VN is not the same as the Jetbeam T6 as T6VN can only be purchased at Skylumen.com and it is completely reworked using the host body of the Jetbeam T6. Want to make sure you are aware which flashlight it is in that video.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K60 has such an amazing "all-around" beam profile, and wow does it put out some light.

I look forward to the future when a stock light (with the same type beam profile) is released that can outperform it.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
The K60 has such an amazing "all-around" beam profile, and wow does it put out some light.

I look forward to the future when a stock light (with the same type beam profile) is released that can outperform it.
Yes. And not to be a snob about tint but if Acebeam released the light in NW it would just about qualify as a same beam profile outperforming our current, CW only, K60 imo.

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a fan of NW tints, especially in lights with a lot of horsepower.

I like my light to be white.