Surefire L4/E2E/Pila question???

blastjv

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I currently have a 'Hybrid' Surefire. It is an L4 which has had its KL4 Bezel replaced with a E2E Bezel and Lamp Assembly. It retains the L4 Body and Clickie Tailswitch.

I have read that the Pila Rechargable Batteries will fit the L4 light but not the E2E light.

So, my question then is what difference is it between the L4 and the E2E that make the Pilas fit in the L4 and not the E2E? Is it a difference in the Body? Tailswitch? Bezel?

Basically, what I'm asking is: With my 'Hybrid', should I be able to use Pilas, or is it the the L4 Bezel (or the totality of the L4 light) that enables the Pilas to fit?

Thanks for any help,

-John

kfasold

Newly Enlightened
IIRC, the problem isn't that the Pila's won't fit the E2E body, it's that the battery doesn't provide enough 'juice' for the incandescent bulb normally used in the E2E --

to put it another way, the L4 bezel doesn't allow the battery to fit, it allows it to function.

kf

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LiIons will not supply enough voltage - 2x3V for the Lithiums vs 1x3.7V for the single LiIon.

Klaus

blastjv

Newly Enlightened
Re: D\'oh!!!!!

Now THAT makes sense. I coudn't figure out what the difference would have been...

You know what they say:

"There are no stupid questions...only stupid PEOPLE !!!"

Thanks for straightening me out,

-John

Kevin Tan

Enlightened
Re: D\'oh!!!!!

There are 2 types of PILA 168 17mm and 19mm. The 17mm is the one to use as the 19mm is too wide and cant be used unless you ream out the body,,,,, by which time the body is tissue thin.

I am using the kl4 head on an e2e body with a 17670 barecell. I am getting the streamlight tl2 and plan on using the 3.6v bulb from the stinger and a 17670. Am using a tl3 9v with a pair of 150 and 17500, with the 150 as the rundown protection.