MBI HF-R coming on in my pocket

mbp1

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I recently acquired an MBI HF-R UTT, and since getting it I have gotten rid of all my other lights as it is my perfect EDC. I use it with the 10440 body tube as I prefer the slightly larger form factor and longer runtimes. However, I have a problem with the light: no matter what I do, it comes on in my pocket. I have tried multiple carry options: in coin pocket both with and without a lanyard, in a little leather slip, on a dangler clipped to the pocket, etc... and it still comes on in my pocket and drains the battery.

Any advice on how to keep this from happening? As I said I simply love the light, but this is a pretty annoying problem. My ideal carry system would probably be on a dangler, and that seemed to help keep the light from coming on when I first tried it, but still having the problem. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried putting on a lanyard and neck carry? Its small, light and has good looks, it might just be your newest bit of man accessorizing.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine did that too. No solution i came up with, including a dangler, helped. Eventually i contacted mbi and he sent me an extra stiff switch, which solved my problem permanently