Biggest selection of flashlights under one roof

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
that I have ever seen! Whenever I go into a store, I always check out the flashlight department, even if it is a drug store or grocery store. I finally got to the new Cabela's store near Hamburg PA yestreday. It is a fairly sizeable place: with a several thousand gallon tank filled with live fish, and an indoor mountain decorated with dead animals.

Cabela's of Hamburg

750232.jpg

Flashlights included (this is not a complete list)
several models of the german V-tech series
assorted Brinkman
Browning led
Cabella's own 10 and 20 led lights
CMG reactors
Dorcy
MANY Princeton Tec lights
Photons
PAL
Petzel
M*g lights
Streamlight - from Sceptor to Stinger
and even Surefires (under glass)

My GF kept looking at this cute little yellow Cyclops Thor-X.
The selection in the store was WAY, WAY bigger than what they show in their catalog. And here's the real kicker, the guy behind the counter actually knew about flashlights!!!
(Of course I told him about CPF)

They have a "Bargain Cave" in the basement where they sell off returned merchandise. This room included a couple of Surefires which were returned with defective switches. Could be a real bargain for someone. Anyhow, if you are in the area, check the place out, and go to their resteraunt and order a Buffalo Burger fresh off the range. (Just beware of the roam charges.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chrisn1niq

Newly Enlightened
I've been trying to talk my wife into a trip to that store. Is there anything else of interest in the area?

Chris

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, there is "Historic Hamburg" http://www.hamburgpa.org/index.html
A CrackerBarrel Country Store, and "The Worlds Largest Teddy Bear Store" not too far away. (Sorry, I don't remember the name of the place.) I guess it depends upon your defination of "far away."
Pennsylvania does contain many "tourist attractions."

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have to check out one of the Cabelas stores. I've been getting their catalogs for years, but we finally had a store open about 2-3 hours away (in Michigan) a year or two ago. Sounds like it would make a good road trip sometime. I just noticed there will ba a store opening up in Wheeling, WV in a couple months too, I'll definitely have to stop at that one.

-Keith

Ted T

Newly Enlightened
The Appalachian trail is aprox. one mile north. Hawk mountain is in the area. North perhaps 15 miles on Rt.61 is the Yuengling brewery, oldest one in America and they offer tours. http://www.yuengling.com/
Also at Cabelas you'll find Hamburg tourist info.
Also in the area is Roadside America, great if you have kids. http://www.roadsideamericainc.com/
Ted

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, thats a huge store. It's neat there are still places out there that will decorate and design a building rather than just a plain store.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
IsaacHayes said:
wow, thats a huge store. It's neat there are still places out there that will decorate and design a building rather than just a plain store.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cabela's actually referrs to the stores as tourist attractions - they expect about seven MILLION visitors to the store PER YEAR.

DBrier

Enlightened
I don't know...
Bright Guy has an actual store in Painsville OH. My brother lives about 15 minutes from there and has been there. He tells me you can play with any flashlight he sells.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well folks, I went back to Cabela's today to pick out some birthday presents. The selection of LED lights is now even larger than before - including at least two LS based lights. I talked with "Steve" of the flashlight (camping) department... he says they have conference rooms available to rent - if we want to have a "flashaholic get-together" there. He went on to describe some of the various ammenities available in such rentable rooms... I said we would just need the lights to be turned out...