LumensFactory email address breach

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heads up to my fellow flashaholics that 2,659 email addresses taken from the LumensFactory site were publicly posted. My email address is in the dump which is why I got the notification.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/Pastes/Latest
lumensfactory.png

While a 'paste' of email addresses doesn't necessarily mean your password was also stolen, the chance exists all the same so it might be a good idea to reset your email address password.

Last edited:

x2cross

Newly Enlightened
I made a Lumens Factory order a couple weeks ago. Is there a way to search that list? I really don't want to scroll thru that whole list.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I followed the link, and when I clicked on the entry for Lumens Factory, Firefox told me it was an unsafe site. Which means a phishing attack most likely, with an attempt to install some malware on my system. Tread with caution.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a Lumens Factory order a couple weeks ago. Is there a way to search that list? I really don't want to scroll thru that whole list.

haveibeenpwned.com is a known-good site (at the moment at least). If you enter your email address on there it will tell you if you were in the lumensfactory breach without having to look at the entire paste. In fact it'll tell you if you've been in any other breaches over the years which is always good to know.

I followed the link, and when I clicked on the entry for Lumens Factory, Firefox told me it was an unsafe site. Which means a phishing attack most likely, with an attempt to install some malware on my system. Tread with caution.

Yeah, the site the emails were pasted on is shifty. I would avoid trying to view the actual paste. As mentioned above, haveibeenpwned is a known-good site so it's much safer just to check your email address there.