Fenix E05 Torture Test (Unintended)

Lawnmower

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying a Fenix E05 for a little more than a year now. I originally purchased both an E01 based on the torture test reviews here, and decided to get the E05 just to try out the multi-brightness feature. I liked the three level brightness so much I decided the E05 would be my EDC.

Today, my E05 was run over by the lawnmower. I loaned by flashlight to my dad while he was mowing the lawn as darkness was falling. (I had been lighting his path with it, and he asked for it himself. I don't know why he wouldn't just leave the lawn until tomorrow...) He dropped it, and the flashlight (with keys) took a trip under the lawnmower.

nLlh8gzl.jpg
Z3G4APJl.jpg
l3TfHd7l.jpg

The entire keychain came apart, and after some time with another flashlight we finally found all the pieces. Some of the keys are just slightly bent, but only one is no longer working. The E05 had a large gash in it, as seen in the pictures.

The battery that was in the flashlight at the time is no longer working, and has a faint impressing of the flashlight's positive contact on the positive terminal of the battery. With a fresh battery though... It works!

ffN6tzll.jpg

The PCB has a bend in it, and the crimps around the edges of the PCB are bent, but the poor thing still works. I doubt it is waterproof anymore, and I'll have to trim and file off the sharp edges, but I'm considering keeping it for my daily carry. The alternative is to take the plunge and continue it's abuse, à la the E01 torture tests, and order a new E05 (maybe in stainless steel this time?) as a replacement.

d0cvBWXl.jpg

oIqy3iml.jpg

Anyway, I've lurked here a long time, and figured you guys would be interested in this "Test", and this would be my best opportunity to introduce myself.

ven

Flashaholic
Great 1st post, a cut above the rest!! When i saw the title and your user name i presumed a lawnmower played a part................i guessed right :laughing: Certainly more exciting than a washing machine:)

Now for the next torture test:devil:

:welcome:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most people run over lights with soft tire for torture tests which of course won't do much 99 percent of the time as the tube can withstand that pressure for a short while and it's kind of spread out.

This looks more like it was hit with a bullet. Amazing it still works.

Latest posts