Wuben G344. small review of small 10180 keylight

narmattaru

Enlightened
Small review of small 10180 keylight - Wuben G344.

This keylight fast provided for review by Gearbest. Here is the product page

Wuben is a manufacturer, which is totally unknown for me. It promise 130 lumen, extremely compact size (4cm) micro-USB charging port.
If i`m not mistaken, 1st​ who started to make this sort of lights was DQG. Good lights, but some require separate charging module, and model with micro-usb port within (like in reviewed Wuben) cost about 40$. Gearbest offers some 10180 Wuben lights with different desing.

Stated characteristics.

● Comes with 10180 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
● Patented rechargeable super micro-sized flashlight
● Quick charge in just 1 hour
● Low power can work 6 hours
● Aircraft aluminum T6 material
● Using rechargeable 10180 lithium-ion battery
● CREE XP-G2 LED, service life 50000 hours
● 130\3 lumen output
● Charging through micro USB cable
● Waterproof: IPX8
● Product Size(L x W x H): 4.10 x 1.80 x 1.80 cm /

PACKAGE

200c09.jpg

ad7935.jpg

df4007.jpg

Surpisingly excellent. It looks like jewelery box. So if you want to make a present for you lady, be careful, she may expect some expensive useless stuff, looking at this box. And your excuse that it is good keylight (and it is good, actually) hardly will fix situation. -) As for me, i`ll do it especially, just to look at wife`s reaction.
Box has soft touch surface, and is ideal for gift. Seriously, I was surprised with its quality.

Keylight itself also looks good. Accurate small thing that feels good in hand. You can easily detach chain.
bb7cfa.jpg

18a8a8.jpg

Just look how small it is in reality.

2dac23.jpg

562ac0.jpg

TIR + XP-G2 are responsible for light. Looks like TIR is not centered perfectly. But what has no excuse in other light, is acceptable in keylight.

10605b.jpg

This Wuben consists of 3 parts:
de9f95.jpg

4212a6.jpg

cb102d.jpg

There is also simplest red-green indicator of charging.
31a9d4.jpg

USB tester shows that capacity is about 80Mah.

I`ve added some lubrication to thread, because head twisting UI can destroy them quickly in case they are dry.

IU
Extremely simple – just twist head and low light will on, keep on twist and reach max mode.

LIVE EXAMPLES.

Though size is tiny, I evaluate that this keylight is as bright as my Jetbeam Jet, but has wide and diffused hotspot. And there is no PWM shimmering in any mode, though I really expect this. Of course for such a price you can buy at least a pair of Jetbeams, but we are talking about 10180 WUBEN not AAA Jetbeam.
bd407c.jpg

f74e96.jpg

b7466f.jpg

c24e5b.jpg

and here is Jetbeam JET AAA
e659fe.jpg

Of course, promised 40 mins in max mode are unreal. Just take a look at the video and see what happens in reality. And this is about 10 minutes in max constantly and then about 15 munutes in something like 50% of max. Then brightness gradually falls. Anyway, for such a size this is decent working time and brightness. And taking in account that regular use of this sort of flashlight is just short and occasional , these 10 minutes and real 130 lumens are ok.
Actually even low mode, 3 lumens, can be useful in 1m distance.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS

+ Excellent box
+ Tiniest size.
+ Really bright in max mode which has at least 10mins of constant runtime.
+ Micro-USB port
+ Cheaper than DQG analogs

-Needs adding some lubrication.

wernerh

Newly Enlightened
Good review and nice pictures.
I purchased this Wuben flashlight several weeks back from GearBest.
I agree with the review on solid construction and bright light, however, I have a few points to call out.
I bought this figuring it's a lower cost version of the Fenix UC02. Similar size between the two, but Fenix UC02 has 8 lumen low power which is much better than the Wuben 3 lumen low mode. Comparing high power - UC02 is brighter - better light compared to Wuben (although both are rated at 130 lumens).
However, the biggest issue I have is battery life! I've used the Fenix UC02 most every day (walking my dogs) and can go weeks between needing to charge it. In contrast, the Wuben battery life was very disappointing - was totally dead after a couple weeks and I'd hardly used it.
Not sure if it's the battery, the charging circuit or both - but big disappointment to me compared to Fenix UC02.
Maybe I got a dud, but wanted to call out this issue to others.