Malkoff        

Thread: Wheres the nuetral white lights at?

Default Wheres the nuetral white lights at?

I haven't bought a four sevens light in years only because i hate cool white. If i want one now i have to have someone swap out the led. Last 2 i bought was the quark 123-2 with the xpg hi-cri and one is still nib. Are you planning to come out with some new xpl-HI in NW or warm colors anytime soon?
    thanks

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Wheres the nuetral white lights at?

4-7's position is that they have tried the hi-cri, warm, & NW led options & they just don't sell in enough volume for 4-7's to consider it economically viable.
    Travis

Various Neutral Tinted/Hi CRI Goodness.

Yeah i heard that a few years ago.
    Thats a shame and the main reason i have bought 4 eagtac D series lights in the last year.

QUOTE=FroggyTaco;4975304]4-7's position is that they have tried the hi-cri, warm, & NW led options & they just don't sell in enough volume for 4-7's to consider it economically viable.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyTaco View Post
    4-7's position is that they have tried the hi-cri, warm, & NW led options & they just don't sell in enough volume for 4-7's to consider it economically viable.
    Which is odd when multiple other vendors do find it economically viable. Convoy even have 5 emitter options for the S2+ !

Flashaholic*

I'm assuming the biggest difference is that most of these manufacturers make & sell their wares from China so they have far less overhead to stock & store low selling lights whereas 4-7's imports an entire order(5-20K lights would be my guess) & sells them from their own store as well as distributors.

The China light sellers also have distributors in USA but excess stock at those locations don't affect the manufactures whereas 4-7's is the manufacturer.
    Travis

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyTaco View Post
    Why don't they make a crowdfunding preorder? If enough people wants it production starts if not... They don't lose anything. Darksuck made a HCRI keychain light this way.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy2012 View Post
    Why don't they make a crowdfunding preorder? If enough people wants it production starts if not... They don't lose anything. Darksuck made a HCRI keychain light this way.
    Not a bad idea. They could do a Kickstarter campaign. Although, some people rip anyone who uses these crowd funding sites who are already established companies. I think it's still a great idea for established companies to test the waters without losing out by betting on a product few want.

Quote Originally Posted by stephenk View Post
    Which is odd when multiple other vendors do find it economically viable. Convoy even have 5 emitter options for the S2+ !
    No-names, the big guys, seems like everyone does it now. I'd sure be a buyer if they got back into NW lights.
    GOOD TINT!

Tint aficionados are a very small percentage of the worlds' flashlight buying populace. Obviously, not all manufacturers think it profitable to cater to such a small demographic.
    Nevertheless, some still enjoy spending time .......

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

My guess is that the tides soon will be turning.

Now when even dirt cheap flashlights produces decent output, something other than extra lumens will be needed to differentiate your products from the competition.
    When people realize that high CRI and NW actually matters more than extra lumens in making details visible, customers will ask for it.
    A number of makers have already caught on, with Nitecore being the latest addition.
    So David (of 4Sevens) had better catch on too.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy2012 View Post
    My personal opinion is that the effort required is not worth David's time to handle relative to his existing sales/success.

Not to mention he would likely object to having to provide a cut of the revenue to an entity like Kickstarter when he already has an established business and relationships/agreements with supplies & vendors.

What Kickstarter provides is already established for 4-7's(David) so that avenue would be superfluous.

If and or when the demand for HiCri or neutral lights becomes great enough I would presume you will again see those led's in a 4-7's product.
    Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Tint aficionados are a very small percentage of the worlds' flashlight buying populace. Obviously, not all manufacturers think it profitable to cater to such a small demographic.
    Nevertheless, some still enjoy spending time .......

~ Chance
    I love these kinds of blanket statements...so 2011 Keep at it though.
    GOOD TINT!

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I love these kinds of blanket statements...so 2011 Keep at it though.
    Mark6, Which of my three positions is fallacious or a blanket statement?

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Looks like we finally got our wish: check out the Mini Mark 2 with an "XM-L2 U3 neutral white LED"

Thought I knew how to burrow into the site to find a neutral light, even when they seemed to try and deliberately hide them (and claim no one wants to buy them). Can't find it. Post a link or it didn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Thought I knew how to burrow into the site to find a neutral light, even when they seemed to try and deliberately hide them (and claim no one wants to buy them). Can't find it. Post a link or it didn't happen!
    Ask and you shall receive

Autumn PVD Copper Finish: http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-PRF
    Copper Finish: http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-PF
    Rainbow PVD Titanium Finish: http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-EQF
    Titanium Finish: http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-FF
    Click Here to view my lights

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Here are the neutral lights I know of that are currently available.
    http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-FF
    http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-EQF
    http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-PF
    http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-PRF
    http://www.foursevens.com/products/A0-LH

Darn. Too bad about the 19-240 lumen mode spacing. I can't live with that.

UI and level spacing aside I wasn't able to pass up a tiny titanium neutral torch from 4sevens....
    01001100011010010111011001100101001000000110100101 10111000100000011101000110100001100101001000000110 0100011000010111001001101011
    00101100000011010000101001100001011011100110010000 10000001110100011010000110010100100000011101110110 1111011100100110110001100100
    00100000011010010111001100100000011101000110100001 11001001100101011000010111010001100101011011100110 1001011011100110011100101110

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Darn. Too bad about the 19-240 lumen mode spacing. I can't live with that.
    One bad thing is that they under rate their lights so it's hard to judge how the spacing is. it's still better than over rating them, except for moonlight. The new Preon says it has 5-20-100, but there is a huge jump from low to medium, then barely discernable between medium and high. I set mine to low-high because of this, but I'd love to have more modes.

OK, thanks guys. I was not reading fine print again when switching to special metals. I will say this because I love FourSevens lights, and want them to sell more, and OK, I want more neutral/HCRI offerings: You guys will sell more of these if you elevate the neutral or HCRI feature at least to the spec table under LED type, or much better still right in the name of the light in the pull-down menu.

Another thing that may be hurting this lights image is listing mode 6 as Low-Med-High-Moonlight. With mode memory, that is exactly the same as Moonlight-Low-Medium-High. There is only ascending or descending when the last mode is always memorized.

I'm not sure the mode spacing would be an issue. The biggest jump is not from 19 lumens, but to 19 lumens: 19/.75 = 25, 240/19 = 12.6

I would be using moonlight and low 90+ percent of the time. If I need more, I want to really see MORE, so 240 is OK. "High", or burst, as we should call it, is more for fun, but it's there if you need it. If I were using this backpacking, I'd run a CR123, for light weight and much longer runtime, and forgo the whole burst feature.

Quote Originally Posted by moshow9 View Post
    That is *Solid Copper* and titanium, not copper & titanium "finish", BTW. Just semantics, I suppose, but their use of "copper finish" and "titanium finish" could be confusing to some... I'm with Hondo, I think some more descriptive marketing is in order.
    Last edited by NutSAK; 12-06-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    - Terry

Quote Originally Posted by NutSAK View Post
    That is *Solid Copper* and titanium, not copper & titanium "finish", BTW. Just semantics, I suppose, but their use of "copper finish" and "titanium finish" could be confusing to some... I'm with Hondo, I think some more descriptive marketing is in order.
    That may be, I only went with the titles that were listed on the product page.

Right, I meant my comment to be more of a jab at their marketing, not you. They say copper finish and solid copper on the same page.
    - Terry

Ah, gotcha.