surefire E2 distance

dave

Newly Enlightened
How far will the surefire E2 beam shine,
like how far away will it be able identify and object

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm sure that on a good night with no other lights on, light from the E2 could be seen from the Moon.

wink.gif

Seriously though, what do you mean?
How far away can a face be identified?

Remembering that the E2 isn't designed for long range illumination, I think we need a little more specifics before we can test out the E2 and give you an answer.

Al

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi there

at 30 yards, i am able to see the differene between white, and light yellow tee shirt

at 50 yards, i can say "light colored" object

at 100 yards.... no apparent illumination of object

did this test two weeks ago when someone asked about the 6p vs mag 5d

as size15 said, very subjective; wish i could be more quantitative

Size15's

Flashaholic
Thanks Mr T Bear,

But then flashlights are used in the "real" World so "rough" "ball-park" "guesstimates" are maybe of more use.

That's why comparison(s) between several flashlights are usually better because external factors get in the way (such as ambient lighting, your eyesight & dark adaptedness. etc)

Maybe:
In as dark as area as you can get. How far away can you see a person? How far way can you identify their face?

My eye sight is not very good. I don't often have stereo-vision (I have a very lazy eye) but I think I have quite good night eyes. Or not. That's one of the reasons why I use SureFires cos they help by providing the best possible light.
Don't let me near a firearm cos although I have pretty steady hands, my aim is not very good. Not that I've ever practiced. I'm a bit of an unco!
tongue.gif

Al
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Dave; a few nights ago there was an owl in the top branches of the walnut tree in my back yard, probably about 75 feet away.

The E2 showed only the reflection of its' eyes. The 3D ML with Carley Xenon Star lamp clearly defined the owl's head (the rest of him was obscured by branches) both were through my binoculars.

Walt

artar

Enlightened
E2 compared to the SL Scorpion, shines the Scorpion beam further ? Is the range of the tightly focused Scorpion comparable to a 3D Mag with Carley Lamp ?