Looking for a flashlight with wide flood

nieker

Newly Enlightened
I work for a brewery and several times a day I have to enter and search inside empty buildings and basements with no electricity. I mostly use my cellphone light, but I'm looking for an upgrade. I have a nitecore p12 for home use, but I miss the flood on that one. It's a great flashlight, just not for this use.

Could you suggest me a flashlight with a wide flood? Some things to keep in mind:

• <100$/€
  • small size, for everyday carry. Should fit in my pocket
  • possibility to charge with usb would be great
  • a strobe mode would be nice, but not necessary. I had a few encounters with squatters
  • some water resistance and durable body
  • distance is not really important, i rather have it light up a room completely

The baton s1r looks like a great one, but maybe you have some other suggestions?

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
I have the R50vn modded by Vinh and it's a brilliant light, good flood and distance and USB rechargeable. Also Acebeam EC50 gen11 is more flood and rechargeable and worth a look.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman T16R is the FLOODIEST CR123 light around. IMAX wall of light.

Taz80

Enlightened
The Nitecore EC4SW is a floody light. Its not a EDC size light, but it slips easily into your back pocket.

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
The Olight you mention should be nice, but maybe not all that floody, at least compared to your phone.

For flood, I'd suggest looking at one of the Zebralight flashlights with a frosted glass... That should give you plenty of smooth floody light, in a compact flashlight and it does have a strobe function. On the other hand, you'll have to charge your battery in a charger as none of the Zebralight flashlights come with a USB charger built in as far as I know, but if you get the AA size, you can use a NiMH rechargeable, a LiIon rechargeable, or if you are in a bind, a plain old AA, but we don't recommend those due to leaking issues, but it's a nice option.

A Nitecore EC4SW would be absolutely blinding at full power compared to your cellphone!

I don't know if you can get a frosted glass type attachment for the Olight, but if you could, that too would give you plenty of flood AND light.

Personally, I carry an HDS, but it's expensive and overkill for what it sounds like you need.

I'm sure there will be more suggestions in this thread.

Regards

Christian

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
Another recommendation for zebralight. Do you like 18650 platform? I love the sc600 mk3. Or i also use the astrolux s41/manker E14 with the 18650 extention tube. They both are very floody. Neither one has usb charging if you want more power and usb charging you can go with the olight x7 :twothumbs

nieker

Newly Enlightened
These are some really great suggestions guys, thanks for your effort. I've been looking up a lot of these models the last few days.

I think my favorite one is the Sunwayman T16R. It's so small, yet so bright and floody... too bad it has no usb charging. But still my favorite

The EC50 looks great too, but just like the EC4SW it's a bit too large. The Larry is actually exactly what I was looking for in terms of flood and angle (or how do you call this, it covers around 180° of your sight), but also a bit large. Still considering that last one, but it seems hard to get here in Europe.

The Olight x7 is euh... impressive. But its really too fat :)

The zebralights are nice too, but also a bit too big for what i was looking for. I doesn't necessarily need to be a keychain light, but it should be really compact.

Thanks for all the tips, these are really helpful. I never knew this was such a complex tech :) If you have more tips, let me know. As you can see I really prefer the very small lights with incredible flood.

Taz80

Enlightened
The Larry light and T16R are for closeup task lighting more than room clearing. They would be fine for large rooms but inadequate for larger spaces like warehouses and basements. The Zebralight SC62, SC63 or their right angle headlamps either the H600f or H603 are pocket friendly and would suit your needs. The Sunwayman is 380 lumens vs the H603 that's 1300 lumens and runs off an 18650 for much longer run times at lower levels.

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
Some lights have a slip on diffusion lens available. I'm thinking of my Nitecore MH25. Not really a flood, but it is with the diffuser cap slipped on.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
These are some really great suggestions guys, thanks for your effort. I've been looking up a lot of these models the last few days.

I think my favorite one is the Sunwayman T16R. It's so small, yet so bright and floody... too bad it has no usb charging. But still my favorite

The EC50 looks great too, but just like the EC4SW it's a bit too large. The Larry is actually exactly what I was looking for in terms of flood and angle (or how do you call this, it covers around 180° of your sight), but also a bit large. Still considering that last one, but it seems hard to get here in Europe.

The Olight x7 is euh... impressive. But its really too fat :)

The zebralights are nice too, but also a bit too big for what i was looking for. I doesn't necessarily need to be a keychain light, but it should be really compact.

Thanks for all the tips, these are really helpful. I never knew this was such a complex tech :) If you have more tips, let me know. As you can see I really prefer the very small lights with incredible flood.
I was also taken with the sunwayman...seems brilliant for close up work but I have read nothing but negative about it. Let me know if you get it and your thoughts.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I work for a brewery and several times a day I have to enter and search inside empty buildings and basements with no electricity. I mostly use my cellphone light, but I'm looking for an upgrade. I have a nitecore p12 for home use, but I miss the flood on that one. It's a great flashlight, just not for this use.

Could you suggest me a flashlight with a wide flood? Some things to keep in mind:

• <100$/€
  • small size, for everyday carry. Should fit in my pocket
  • possibility to charge with usb would be great
  • a strobe mode would be nice, but not necessary. I had a few encounters with squatters
  • some water resistance and durable body
  • distance is not really important, i rather have it light up a room completely

The baton s1r looks like a great one, but maybe you have some other suggestions?
I like the cigar shaped lights where the head, body and tail are all the same diameter.
I would have thought that the p12 would do the job for you, but I see that it has a smooth reflector.
The Convoy S2+ is a similar sized light but comes with a orange peal reflector. The spill is similar in size, but the hot spot is spread out more, and blends more into the spill giving a floodier experience.

It can be had with a shorter body, and run on a 18350 if you want it shorter for an EDC.
You can get it driven at different levels of output, and different tints. It is like a stock light that can be custom ordered.

Oh... and it comes in different colors too!

XFx4CCQmLIMIvNigY-kTXQbl23dPkcC_IovGOichox1msIG5zxkWYGN0RdtFI5jLxT59fKAUVIp-V_Aqu2ozYa3UAhVAecEloCjGfnVvvKz4x51V9B1mMiZr0K4f7TSdNXHMS4cWzqILGC6ufGPfFcMMfq2Z9f6O0vZCoUGMdzahnqiTSXlPw1bPbncnh83Gdg2MFEgd3kULkAtIQqp9_gy9LOiDw0Kqh9HxMM3hoREEXp-E8nfAaj9Z-xDi5MUHPIwTSNZfsWFuFUOyyYL9mceea-jv9iW70Wl2IPRA8UGPhhN-Yz9xpECl0IlOD0PfdOtNfY-WkrCmEihq13PbHrpfgf0mIHoqIfXBN1UxZPMpEGgbW9JFLN87uZICtSnH9jgNZv8GcJicOmlyD8Br9FXUqyiC2NzJRUPqoveTSzuCrw8T6LEZaWxrgPLqcXgCxaNAP0phlgrzddA6STZT6LO0ksw2CXek4oP66eZE9SKqzv8CbppsZaxSzbxGQ6HS_zKOvRyFK080S5CnCTB-JCXnriUu-uChqSllQ1OvH2CK_DT4euTaAFmdY5M4Asw5t--UFjZg86VKDjT99Bk8xu1D6WEMRzGju1uhXkm8tp_E4tav=w434-h770-no

nieker

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for my necro in this thread. I've been using the Sunwayman for almost 4 years and it was an incredible flashlight. Past weekend I lost it (or somebody stole it, don't know) so I'm looking for a new one.

Been doing some research on compact flashlights with flood, but it looks like not much has changed. Is this possible? The flashlights in this thread are still the better ones on the market? Or any other suggestions?