2000 Lumens?

aL01

Newly Enlightened
Does the Klarus XT11GT really maintain a constant 2000 Lumens on a single 18650, or are those 'Klarus Lumens'?
Thanks!

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
those are Klarus lumens. If it actually does anything close to that its literally for just seconds..most likely a 1500 on average lumen light

boyka

Newly Enlightened
Some reviews I've read mostly giving only around 70% of the advertised output.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
those are Klarus lumens. If it actually does anything close to that its literally for just seconds..most likely a 1500 on average lumen light

LOL "Klarus lumens..."

Shaking head. There needs to be a standard rating system defining that a light has to at least be able to hold a certain brightness for a specific amount of time (let's say at least a minute at minimum) to be able to claim that brightness as a mode.

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
There is a standard rating system, aka ANSI FL1.The problem is a lot of manufacturers, namely Chinese manufacturers, lie about meeting these specs. As for the xt11gt, it is a very impressive light indeed. I dont believe it hits 2000 fl1 lumens, but i think its pretty darn close.Cree states xhp35hi produces about 1500 led lumens at 13 watts. I measured my battery draw at 5.95 amps which is about 22 watts, which I believe is enough to push this led close to 2k Led lumens. Though im unsure how many watts are consumed by the boost driver.As a comparison my malkoff md2 with HOT head drains 1.76 amps, and my doberman pro drains 3.4 amps, which is also very impressive, but the xt11gt produces what looks like twice the output and slightly more throw than the dobermann.

Harold_B

Enlightened
I've measured bicycle headlights that were apparently rated in scotopic lumens without specifically stating the fact in the spec sheet. Perhaps that's how this flashlight is being measured. The bluer (cooler CCT) the light more difference it will make. Just a thought....