my Nitecore glass lense fell off is that normal ?

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened
hey guys I own a nitecore SR6 and a P25.
upon removing the bezel to clean under it, since I went free diving with it (8-10 meters) while doing that, the flashlight slipped and hit the table, and the lens fell off !!!. of course I immediatly picked it up and placed it in the flashlight again so the reflector doesn't get contaminated and dust particles get inside.
but I'm just wondering, I expected it to be more secure with a rubber ring or something, not just between two metals, or perhaps the pressure is too high so water and dust doesn't get it?!
some answers would be appreciated.
thank.
brace

Last edited:

chaosdsm

Enlightened
Its held in place by the bezel...

NOTE: if it's like my Nitecore SRT-7, it'll have a thin flat clear plastic washer that goes between the bezel & the glass.

Last edited:

kaptain_zero

Enlightened
I'm a bit confused. I checked the Nitecore site and both the SR6 and P25 appear to be rated to a maximum 2 meter submersion, not 8-100 meters?

I must be missing something as I cannot imagine anyone free diving to 100 meters!

Taz80

Enlightened
He must have meant 10 meters. I read here somewhere of people diving with their SRT7 to , I think, 40 feet.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
He must have meant 10 meters. I read here somewhere of people diving with their SRT7 to , I think, 40 feet.

No kidding, I'm fairly certain 100 meters isn't a depth you just dive to without taking time to make sure all your gear can handle it...not mention yourself.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must be missing something as I cannot imagine anyone free diving to 100 meters!

The world record of freediving is 128 meters depth with fins. 102 meters with no fins. So it can be done, but not with a nitecore in your hand :)

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened
I'm a bit confused. I checked the Nitecore site and both the SR6 and P25 appear to be rated to a maximum 2 meter submersion, not 8-100 meters?

lol really sorry what I meant is 8-10 meters and I didn't read the post afterward, should do that more often to make sure everything is correct :) also, yes its rated at 2 meters but nitecore has a promo video on youtube where their scuba diving with it, apparently they will only guarantee it at 2 meters but its doesn't mean that it can't go deeper than that.

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened
Its held in place by the bezel...

NOTE: if it's like my Nitecore SRT-7, it'll have a thin flat clear plastic washer that goes between the bezel & the glass.

I thank you for saying that................ I put the flashlight back together without noticing the washer ................... after reading ur reply I looked under the table ............... and there ........ a washer, collected some dust........ u saved it. thank u
also does it sit between the bezel and the lens or the lens and the flashlight body, so I put the washer --> lens --> bezel or lens --> washer -->bezel
thank u :)

eaglespeed

Newly Enlightened
I removed the p25 bezel and noticed the transparent plastic washer was sitting right beneath the bezel, which means that the srt6 has the same arrangment as well, from u guys replies I presume that all this is normal, I was worried because a flashlight that is able to withstand seawater and able to stay in it for 2 hours with constant diving to 10 min must have more than a bezel-->washer ---> lens and thats it to be able to resist water like that, I expected a double O - ring or something... like G shock watches or the tailcap. I'm thankful for the replies :)

chaosdsm

Enlightened
I removed the p25 bezel and noticed the transparent plastic washer was sitting right beneath the bezel, which means that the srt6 has the same arrangment as well, from u guys replies I presume that all this is normal, I was worried because a flashlight that is able to withstand seawater and able to stay in it for 2 hours with constant diving to 10 min must have more than a bezel-->washer ---> lens and thats it to be able to resist water like that, I expected a double O - ring or something... like G shock watches or the tailcap. I'm thankful for the replies :)

Before purchase, I though there would at least be an o-ring between the lens & reflector, especially since my reflector for the SRT-7 already has a grove in the top into which an o-ring can easily sit....
34TBaX6l.jpg

I already put extra o-rings on tail end of the battery tube, just got to figure out what thickness o-ring I can put under the lens into that grove.

Last edited: