LSL and twistie 123 pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was able to get a LSL in the "foot in the door" Arc Special (Thanks, Peter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif) and have seen the "twistie" 123 packs mentioned on here and so I was wondering if one of those will work on my LSL? Will it also work on a LSH-P?

If so, where can I get one in a HA finish to match?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.
Yes.
Good luck.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The twisties were discontinued very shortly after the one piece head design was released.
As such, most of the anodized twisties are all of the older design with the larger O.D.
Somoene on here was having a number of unanodized thin twisties reanodized so that migfht be your best bet for a matching one.

BTW the twisties were discontinued for a reason.
The non forgiving stress (no spring for cushioning) that the twistes imparted on the circuit board was not healthy.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
GJW -
Thanks for the heads up on the stress on the circuit board. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get one.

Will the larger O.D. fit the new LSL & LSH-P or am I limited to the "thin twistie"?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
it was more unhealthy for the batteries than the circuit though. over-tightening the twistie pack would dent the -ve terminal on the battery, and doing it repeatedly would cause the light to be unable to turn on since the battery would become too short to make contact even if the twistie has been tightened down all the way.

in fact, the current clickie tailcaps still place as much pressure on the circuit board, just that it presses on the rim of the -ve terminal so the battery won't get dented.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The twistie is macined to fairly tight tolerances. The retaining ring for the electronics will limit how far the battery will move.

The current clickie tailcap has a collapsable spring. It's conical so that if fully compressed it will be only be as high as one or two of the coils. The end of the kroll does not extend into the battery compartment, so there's plenty of room for the spring to fully compress. I did some measurements and found my springs compressed with only a few pounds of pressure.

You can apply a lot of pressure to the electronics if your battery is over sized (tto long) or undersized (too thin) or if you get something stuck in between the end of the battery and the case. You aren't supposed to do that.

The tolerances of the tailpack are so close that there is no rattling when the kroll is removed.

Daniel

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
on the two arc LSHs i had last year, the TSP-123 packs on both lights could not be tightened as much as if the batteries were removed. its possible peter could have since changed the physical specifications on the TSP-123 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.