TIR lense (M600U) vs. Intellibeam (m600IB)

Realdeep

Newly Enlightened
Looking to purchase a scout light for my rifle (coyotes and SDF in rural mountain country). I have owned a nitecore but this will be my first surefire. I am caught between the M600U (500 lumens TIR lens) and the M600IB (500 lumens intellibeam tech.). Intellibeam sounds useful - but if it comes at the cost of a superior lens then I would rather skip the new-fangled tech and go M600U. I've read surefires (and other manuf.) description of the TIR function (and read descriptions on this site) - but I would like to get some people real world experience of TIR lens vs non-TIR lens. One thing that the surefire website states as a difference is that the M600U is a far reaching light whereas the M600IB is a medium reach light. Is it the TIR lens which is increasing that distance?

I have checked for answers to this question but everyone is just talking about how great the TIR lens is and that's not really quantifiable... I'm really looking for personal comparisons of brightness and reach. Also any input on the choice between the two stated lights for my specific purposes. Thanks for any and all responses,