Astrolux A01 different versions?

5370H55V

Newly Enlightened
So are there different versions of the A01?
I ordered 3 A01's roughly a month ago (one copper and 2 alu) and bought another two aluminum ones on sale 5 days later. The first order arrived 2 weeks ago while the other one was backordered due to the sale. I finally received the second order today and noticed several differences.
First, the tint of both of the new aluminum ones were much cooler than warm yellowish glow from the copper and previous A01's. They appear to be much brighter than the old light, even when batteries were swapped back and forth in the comparison. The battery contacts are very different as well, with my older version having 3 solder blobs and MANKER written on the PCB while the newer version has a larger positive pad and a green colored ring. Previous reviews of the light also had a foam disk there, which is missing from all my A01's. And the most interesting thing is the newer versions appear to have memory, where the light turns on in the mode AFTER the one it was turned off at. I've verified this by turning the light off in Medium mode and having it turn on in High and then Strobe after 10 minutes. Anyone else notice these changes in their newer A01's (ordered after Sept 2016-ish)?

Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about:

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are there different versions of the A01?

Yes, I have read several posts reporting that the A01 has changed. Your photo is the very best evidence Ive seen of that so far. Thank you for taking the time to post pictures, they really tell the story.

Maybe if you post a picture of the LEDs someone can tell us what they are using now, instead of the N219b that is still listed in the description. Obviously (thanks to your photos) the LED, and driver, have changed.

GODOFWAR

Banned
Man I was going to buy a 10 of them, please can U upload more pics of both lights ( old and new )

niktak11

Newly Enlightened
Are they all Nichia 219Bs? I just got one of these delivered yesterday

niktak11

Newly Enlightened
Mine is like the first one you received. It's an aluminum one and I ordered it on 9/27 from the US Banggood warehouse

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let me try and weave some rumors together
Astrolux is a Bangood house brand that they contracted with Manker to make the A01. Then Manker stepped aside, and now Bangood is using a different company to build the light.

Apparently the US warehouse shipped you a Manker Astrolux A01, so most likely you got the really nice N219b that it is famous for.

I am not aware of any way to know which version you will get on future orders. And Im waiting for photos of the LEDs to find out if the non Manker pill has a Nichia or not.. it sure does not look like it from the beam shot.

Redemption

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 on order that shipped on 9/22, I'll let you know what mine look like when they arrive. I'm worried because I got them for the Nichia led, but my lights are coming from China and they were backordered.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
PWM reported on the new driver:

EyeballFryer
wrote:

Instead of resetting back to moon mode after x seconds, it always goes to the next mode

The driver in the head no longer says Manker.
the middle mode, … has PWM.

niktak11

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I got very lucky. Mine resets to moonlight and the middle mode is what I've been using 90% of the time

dubliftment

Newly Enlightened
I just got two different A01 versions in one shipment, one light without pwm, nicely tinted, and two with pwm and cooler CCT. For me, with mode memory and PWM they ruined the light.

GODOFWAR

Banned
I ordered 2 of them from Amazon it's on the way to me but one of them was out of stock so the dealer contact me and told me that one of the colors was out of the stock and he offered another color ( red ) I told him to refund me first and Then I told him to take photos of the driver and the led Personally and send it to me and I Persuaded him if he do that I will buy more if I find it the old version with Nichia, ( I wanted to buy 10-20 of them and give them as a gifts to my family ) so he accept my request and send me 2 pics and here it's, thank goodness I bought only 1
e7bbcaa442c9106bf8d4bdc5ba2e0183.jpg
30ea96cfc05e2cfcaf339f5670ce2372.jpg

And here is the link I bought from Waterproof Mini Flashlight ,Astrolux A01 102LM LED Keychain Flashlight Magnetic Sliding Switch under water diving flashlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GE03TQG/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Last edited: