The Fenix-Store        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astrolux A01 different versions?

Default Astrolux A01 different versions?

So are there different versions of the A01?
    I ordered 3 A01's roughly a month ago (one copper and 2 alu) and bought another two aluminum ones on sale 5 days later. The first order arrived 2 weeks ago while the other one was backordered due to the sale. I finally received the second order today and noticed several differences.
    First, the tint of both of the new aluminum ones were much cooler than warm yellowish glow from the copper and previous A01's. They appear to be much brighter than the old light, even when batteries were swapped back and forth in the comparison. The battery contacts are very different as well, with my older version having 3 solder blobs and MANKER written on the PCB while the newer version has a larger positive pad and a green colored ring. Previous reviews of the light also had a foam disk there, which is missing from all my A01's. And the most interesting thing is the newer versions appear to have memory, where the light turns on in the mode AFTER the one it was turned off at. I've verified this by turning the light off in Medium mode and having it turn on in High and then Strobe after 10 minutes. Anyone else notice these changes in their newer A01's (ordered after Sept 2016-ish)?

Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about:

Last edited by 5370H55V; 10-03-2016 at 10:47 PM.

Default Re: Astrolux A01 different versions?

Quote Originally Posted by 5370H55V View Post
    So are there different versions of the A01?

Yes, I have read several posts reporting that the A01 has changed. Your photo is the very best evidence Ive seen of that so far. Thank you for taking the time to post pictures, they really tell the story.

Maybe if you post a picture of the LEDs someone can tell us what they are using now, instead of the N219b that is still listed in the description. Obviously (thanks to your photos) the LED, and driver, have changed.

Man I was going to buy a 10 of them, please can U upload more pics of both lights ( old and new )

Are they all Nichia 219Bs? I just got one of these delivered yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by niktak11 View Post
    Are they all Nichia 219Bs? I just got one of these delivered yesterday
    The only way to now by uploading pictures of the light

Mine is like the first one you received. It's an aluminum one and I ordered it on 9/27 from the US Banggood warehouse

Let me try and weave some rumors together
    Astrolux is a Bangood house brand that they contracted with Manker to make the A01. Then Manker stepped aside, and now Bangood is using a different company to build the light.

Apparently the US warehouse shipped you a Manker Astrolux A01, so most likely you got the really nice N219b that it is famous for.

I am not aware of any way to know which version you will get on future orders. And Im waiting for photos of the LEDs to find out if the non Manker pill has a Nichia or not.. it sure does not look like it from the beam shot.

I have 2 on order that shipped on 9/22, I'll let you know what mine look like when they arrive. I'm worried because I got them for the Nichia led, but my lights are coming from China and they were backordered.

Flashaholic

http://www.banggood.com/Astrolux-S41...p-1084267.html

Ive got this one coming, a Nichia x 4, The S41S

this review thread says the LED changed:
    [QUOTE=evgeniy;4978004]received few A01.
    Quote Originally Posted by evgeniy View Post
    received few A01.
    Measured color temp:
    Astrolux A01 1 (max.) : 5050 auto , 5000-5100 manual
    Astrolux A01 2 (max.) : 5050 auto , 4800-4900 manual
    Astrolux A01 3 (max.) : 4850 auto , 4800 manual.

sw50 LED instead of sw40 in early flashlights.

PWM reported on the new driver:

EyeballFryer
    wrote:

Instead of resetting back to moon mode after x seconds, it always goes to the next mode

The driver in the head no longer says Manker.
    the middle mode, … has PWM.

Looks like I got very lucky. Mine resets to moonlight and the middle mode is what I've been using 90% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by niktak11 View Post
    Looks like I got very lucky. Mine resets to moonlight and the middle mode is what I've been using 90% of the time
    Which driver? See pic in post #1
    Last edited by jon_slider; 10-10-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Delete
    Last edited by jon_slider; 10-10-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    Which driver? See pic in post #1

I just got two different A01 versions in one shipment, one light without pwm, nicely tinted, and two with pwm and cooler CCT. For me, with mode memory and PWM they ruined the light.

Quote Originally Posted by dubliftment View Post
    I just got two different A01 versions in one shipment, one light without pwm, nicely tinted, and two with pwm and cooler CCT. For me, with mode memory and PWM they ruined the light.
    Can you post some pics

I ordered 2 of them from Amazon it's on the way to me but one of them was out of stock so the dealer contact me and told me that one of the colors was out of the stock and he offered another color ( red ) I told him to refund me first and Then I told him to take photos of the driver and the led Personally and send it to me and I Persuaded him if he do that I will buy more if I find it the old version with Nichia, ( I wanted to buy 10-20 of them and give them as a gifts to my family ) so he accept my request and send me 2 pics and here it's, thank goodness I bought only 1 .

And here is the link I bought from Waterproof Mini Flashlight ,Astrolux A01 102LM LED Keychain Flashlight Magnetic Sliding Switch under water diving flashlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GE03TQG..._zlI.xb61A5B78
    Last edited by GODOFWAR; 10-12-2016 at 05:58 AM.

Double post
    Last edited by GODOFWAR; 10-12-2016 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GODOFWAR View Post
    Can you post some pics
    both lights on high, right side the manker without PWM.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=42E7C24BB6321EE7%21139&cid=42E7C24BB6321EE7
    Last edited by dubliftment; 10-12-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Thank you for confirming the new model that is Not Manker uses PWM!!! Yes, that is a complete deal breaker. Just to be accurate, can you post a photo of the PWM? (send me a private message if you need suggestions how to capture it in a photo)

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=42E7C24BB6321EE7%21139&cid=42E7C24BB6321EE7
    Tell me where can I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by GODOFWAR View Post
    Tell me where can I get one?
    at banggood for 10 bucks a piece. I am glad though that I previously got 3 manker versions, so that I have 4 good ones now (without pwm and mode memory).

Flashaholic*

I had two good ones, I gave one away before I knew they were changing them. Mine were the Manker version. I guess I'll keep the one I have left since they may not be made again. I was hoping to get a different color.
    Last edited by StandardBattery; 10-13-2016 at 03:54 PM.

Crap! Just ordered 2 copper. Im thinking/hoping that the copper lights are still Manker versions. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone get a non-manker copper version?

Quote Originally Posted by jon_slider View Post
    Thank you for confirming the new model that is Not Manker uses PWM!!! Yes, that is a complete deal breaker. Just to be accurate, can you post a photo of the PWM? (send me a private message if you need suggestions how to capture it in a photo)
    Here are the shower pics. It is the non-manker version on mid and high. obviously two of the pics show the pwm beyond a shadow of a doubt. the frequency is so low that it is disturbing if you just move the light pointing at an object. By the way, what other methods are there to take pictures showing pwm?

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=42E7C2...E7C24BB6321EE7
    Last edited by dubliftment; 10-13-2016 at 09:58 AM.

Excellent shower pics!
    I wish I knew which was on mid and which on high
    but regardless.. this one certainly gets the job done

usually High does not have PWM, but it sounds like youre saying it does?

other ways to show PWM

1. extreme closeups. For example, a photo looking directly into the reflector. Also a photo of the beam on a wall, very close up.

2. waving the light up and down with your hand really fast.

click this line for examples of those techniques

I thought the Copper Astro ones were basically a copy of the BLF version? I don't know, this thread has me questioning it. FWIW: the Tint on the BLF is outstanding and warm like fresh out the oven apple pie. If you get a chance to snag one, catch it.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

the first and the third picture are on med, the middle is on high. I see no PWM on high and I am quite sensitive to PWM.

#edit: Just added one more pic, left is Astrolux non-manker on med, right is Zebralight SC62c. This is also for tint comparison, because the other A01s I have are quite similar to the Zebralight SC62c.
    Last edited by dubliftment; 10-13-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    I thought the Copper Astro ones were basically a copy of the BLF version? I don't know, this thread has me questioning it. FWIW: the Tint on the BLF is outstanding and warm like fresh out the oven apple pie. If you get a chance to snag one, catch it.
    "...warm like fresh out of the oven apple pie" -- couldn't have said it better! Mine too is like warm pie...copper BLF version (although mine is unmarked) and has the Manker logo on the driver. Not a perfect light IMO - really dislike the frantic strobe, but love the beam, the tint, and it has one of the best firefly modes a-going...
    Last edited by phosphor22; 10-13-2016 at 02:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast