Waiting......for SF

fuelblender

Enlightened
Has anyone had to endure what I think is a long wait to receive merchandise from SureFire? I placed an order on 1/17 and for the last two weeks according to their webpage my order has been "ready to ship". I emailed their customer support two days ago and haven't heard a thing......grrrrr.
Nothing on their webpage indicates anything is backordered.
This is not the first time this has happened. What's going on over there??!!

woodsman

Newly Enlightened
I just had the same thing happen to me also. I think I waited for two seperate orders for about two months. Even after they shipped it, it still said "waiting to ship." I don't get emails returned either. The best thing to do is give them a call and see what's going on. This seems to get things rolling with them. I've always had to follow up with all of my SF dealings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Topper

Flashaholic*
YES one time it was at least two months,after I called.
they are last resort in my book. I still like the product.
Not to happy with service.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
woodsman said:
The best thing to do is give them a call and see what's going on. This seems to get things rolling with them. I've always had to follow up with all of my SF dealings. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info ... I think it's about time to call those folks and "**** in their ears". Next time I'll go through ledlight.com; I think they are a distributor of SF. A little cheaper too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif.

clapon

Newly Enlightened
Same here, Ordered a hurricane lamp on 1/7, wrote 3 emails asking when it would ship. Did not get a response back from them until 1/28 and received it today 2/3. Almost a month! Ridiculous! Never Again.

gregw45

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
clapon said:
Same here, Ordered a hurricane lamp on 1/7

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy $#!t!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I too ordered a hurricane lamp on 1/7 (and a spare P60 for my G2) and both arrived today. <insert Twilight Zone music here>

Surefire is one company out of a select few that I trust and don't begin to worry unless the one month delay is exceeded... it was close. They must be busy.

Harrkev

Enlightened
Sooooo, the only place that you are allowed to order Surefire stuff online has terrible service. If they are going to force us to order through them, they should at least offer decent service.

I may not be an expert at how to run a business right, but I DO know how to run one wrong...

RebelRAM

Enlightened
Their website has a problem with order status. I placed two orders last year. One in November and one in December. The December one showed up within about 3 weeks of ordering. The November order showed up a couple weeks after that. All the time both of them were listed as "Waiting to ship" Actually if I login to my SF account and view my previous orders, those two are still listed as "Waiting to Ship" So there is clearly a bug in their online status page. I did end up calling and talked to a guy, he gave me the info I wanted to know.

My order wasn't fast, but I have placed orders before with other vendors that have taken longer. They just need to get someone in there that knows how to build a working online shopping site.

Although I did not get the best price for the items I ordered, I will do business with SF again, but only if I cannot find a better price elsewhere. Their product and packaging was excellent.

--Jason

MicroE

Enlightened
My recent order (two weeks ago) was shipped within 2 days. You have to call and find out if they have the stuff in stock. The CS lady said that they were out of stock on a lot of items.
BTW, it's not just SF. My local Streamlight dealer is out of stock on everything. He called SL and was told that almost all of their products are on allocation because of the war.---Marc