Can I run two Olight RCR123 3.7 volt batteries in A SF PX2 Fury?

LumenKing1

Newly Enlightened
What would happen if I used two RCR 123 batteries in a Surefire PX2?
Will it just not work, or would it damage the light somehow?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
unless there is info I missed on their site its a CR123 light only. A combined 8.4 volts would likely fry something. Unless someone else out there knows the lights voltage range can handle it it would be wise to not try it.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K2 LFP123 Rechargables (this cells were also sold by Surefire a fewvyears ago) work with the Fury. At least with the current model. If the old not knurled model works with this cells Fury I do not know since I do not own this version.

Up All Night

Enlightened
You would be best served running a 2500 mAh 16650 battery. My original 500 lumen model would run fine on two 3.7 volt 16340 batteries but any time you step outside of the spec'd voltage you take a chance. The 16650 keeps you under voltage limits and provides equal output , definitely the way to go.
Scroll through the P2X Fury thread for pertinent posts of your query.

LumenKing1

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate everyone's willingness to help around here. Thank you all. The last time I was really into flashights the SF M6 was the undisputed king at 500 lumens. LOL, now my S1 Baton throws that out, albeit without the throw. This is a place I can ask newbie questions and not be looked down upon, unlike some knife forums I visit. I see it all the time even though I am not close to being a knife newbie at all.
Thanks, guys/gals.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
how is the tint out of your Fury OP? I have always wanted a Fury but cannot justify the cost. That and I have read endless accounts of vast tint differences from one Fury to another. One will have a CW tint another will have a CW tint and it seems many have a snot green tint. I am convinced SF is using old Luminous emitters or maybe even Lattice Bright emitters. One thing is for sure unless they are putting Cree emitters in them regardless of bin type they are not Cree emitters.

LumenKing1

Newly Enlightened
how is the tint out of your Fury OP? I have always wanted a Fury but cannot justify the cost. That and I have read endless accounts of vast tint differences from one Fury to another. One will have a CW tint another will have a CW tint and it seems many have a snot green tint. I am convinced SF is using old Luminous emitters or maybe even Lattice Bright emitters. One thing is for sure unless they are putting Cree emitters in them regardless of bin type they are not Cree emitters.

I have three lights and other goodies on the way from B&H. In the said goodies, is the PX2 Fury. So I cannot comment on the tint yet. However, I purchased the PX3 first and it has a nice CW color to it. If it is close to the PX3 I will be quite happy.
I have a 12-SF 123 Primaries, 4-950 Mah NiMH Eneloop Pro cells, 4-Energizer AAA lithium Ultimate primaries, Surefire Titan Plus flashlight, Surefire PX2 flashlight, Olight IE3 90 Lumen AAA Light, 4 AAA Watson Battery Holder, and some free shooting glasses.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay cool. Glad youre having a good experience with your PX3. To long for me. Batteryjunction.com is an awesome spot to buy 1500mah Panasonic CR123's in bulk. The SF cells I believe are 1300mah. Glad to see you stocked up on good AAA's.

LumenKing1

Newly Enlightened
Okay cool. Glad youre having a good experience with your PX3. To long for me. Batteryjunction.com is an awesome spot to buy 1500mah Panasonic CR123's in bulk. The SF cells I believe are 1300mah. Glad to see you stocked up on good AAA's.

I will let you know how the tint of the Fury PX2 as soon as it arrives. It should be here no later than Thursday. I have 16 of the primary AAA Ultimate Lithiums. And about 80 SF 123 Primaries. I like to keep them on hand, because if the power goes out, recharging options drop.

I hope I get a tint that matches the PX3.

EDITED TO ADD:
Looks lke three of my flashlights and other goodies will be here tomorrow. I hope I get a good tint.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

LumenKing1

Newly Enlightened
I would say that the tint in my Fury PX2 that I received today, is probably more preferable than the PX3. The PX3 is a bluish tint like all the newer high output lights seem to be, while the PX2 is much warmer. I don't think either is bad, and there is zero green tint to it. The SF Ultra is bluish, Like a S1 Baton. I have owned three of them and consider them blue. My S2 will be here tomorrow, I would guess they should be comparable.

Last edited: