How to use the Rofis TR20 Flashlight angle light and what is the advantage?

kj2

Flashaholic
Angled light can be handy in tight places. Since it has a removable magnet at the back, it can come in handy underneath the sink. The TR20 is, unfortunately, to big and heavy to be used as headlamp.

Danielsan

Enlightened
There are fixed angled lights (for example an Armytek Wizard) and lights with an adjustable angled head like the Rofis. You can use the Rofis like a normal flashlight in your hands or you can use it as an angled light when you tilt the head 90 degrees. Now you can put it in your shirt pocket for example, then the light shines forward like a head lamp and you dont have to hold the light in your hands while walking. Its a great feature but you have to take care because you dont want dirt in that tilt mechanism

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A right angle light plays a niche role in the world of flashlights in that it sets its beam at a right angle to the body. Much like a right angle drill it is handy at certain times, but not necessarily for the majority of tasks.

However with this one being able to rotate it can serve as an edc type light as well.

The clip attached to a shirt pocket, or a strap of a vest or jacket allows it to become a hands free device putting the output at a lower level than a headlamp. That allows a better 'punch' through for or smoke from the user perspective. A flashlight at eye level in smoke or fog tends to flash back at the user from the spill lighting up all those nearby molecules. But when those molecules are lit up below eye level the beam appears to drill through those molecules. It's why many fog lights on vehicles are below the headlights.

Welcome to the site ben.

Now are you here asking because even though you sell them at bensnail .com you do not know how it is to be used? Or is this a way to sneak in your business without following the guidelines set by the site when pushing products?

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being able to angle the reflector up to 90 degrees can be extremely helpful in tight spaces. Fully angled is great for attaching to the front of say some hiking gear you have on. Maybe even turn it sideways while angled and attach it to a hat for a head lamp.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine rides in a holster on my right side. it lights my path at night..... getting into house etc. Frankly I don't understand (money issues aside) why the entire world does not walk around like this with the light illuminating the path ahead. FWIW my Rofis is one of the 'older' versions at about 400 lumens. it is my primary or first choice for light when I need it most.