XHP70 + 1x26650 cell, what is the cheapest offer on the market currently?

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Hello.

I have some 26650s left over another project, so I decided to buy some flashlight, to use them.
As far as I know, highest power led in flashlights today is XHP70, so I need flashlight with it, 26650 battery, and in-flashlight charging. I don't care for overheating/etc issues, this flashlight will be used as "gee, look what I've got", so no serious use for it. Zoom optics is a plus - "see how far mine can throw".

Any ideas?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
as far as I know the Olight R50 seeker with an XHP50 powered by a single 26650 is as close as you can get.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
OMG, what a huge prices they have! For that amount of money, I can machine one by myself :)
Isn't there anything around under $30 ?

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
I knew within 10 replys the convoy beast will show up.

Yes L6 rocks!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L6 is an instant classic. Its big and so damn bright on max output it almost hurts to look at the beam. Mine took a month and a half to make its way to me from China. Upon taking the big light apart for inspection I was pretty darn impressed with the build quality. Very solid soldering, what appears to be high quality wiring and the big grip ring that is included is metal not chintzy plastic I love the thing. Only thing that could be better is the anodizing. The anodizing on mine is kind of soft and scratches easy. Run it off two 4000mah 8amp EVVA 26650's and it works fine.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
In fact, I can make such one, and parts cost will be below $20. But it won't include labor cost, because I have to do it alone, no advanced machinery or mass production, to cut down the costs.

CuriousOne

Enlightened
Already ordered led, currently designing driver circuitry, so it can run from single cell.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Klarus G20 is a great deal if you can get in on the group buy, and the L6 is the BEST deal of any flashlight on the market (IMO). Under $50 for a light that compares very favorably with any light in it's class regardless of price! The runtime graphs are staggering as well! 3,500 real (NO STEPDOWN!) for 80 minutes, and over 1,000 lumens for 4 straight hours. There isn't another light that even comes close to these numbers that is anywhere near it's price point, and that's not even factoring in the unbelieveable quality of the light either.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
You also have to keep in mind that ALL of the single 26650 lights that are at or near the 3,000 lumen mark, drop CONSIDERABLY after less than 5 minutes! So if you need 3,000 lumens for any length of time, you need a larger light. Such as either the L6 or the other 2x26650 lights, or the multiple (usually 4x 18650) lights. Just food for thought.