Arc 4+ goes berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I finally started to figure out the buttons on the Arc4+, which made me wish I had majored in rocket science, when the light goes berserk. It wouldn't turn off. Then it got brighter by itself. Single clicks, double clicks, triple clicks, presses. Nothing. Then it went dim, dimmer than the normal lowest triple-click setting. So dim that I wasn't sure if it was still on, so I pressed my eyeball to the lens and sure enough, it was just glowing, when all of a sudden without my doing anything, it cranks up to full brightness straight into my staring eye. Yikes.

Sometimes the clicker works like the instructions say, sometimes it just does whatever it wants. I emailed Arc, but no answer yet.

Am I alone or is my Arc4+ just smarter than me (which wouldn't be anything Peter would want to brag about). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Turt. For some reason my computer won't play those videos: "Not a registered class" whatever that means. But I was making it work, but sometimes it starts acting totally different.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you got into the brightness menu. Your account of the experience sounds kinda funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The videos (if you could see them) would help...

Peter

snook

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Josey said:
... For some reason my computer won't play those videos: "Not a registered class" whatever that means.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif None of the videos play for me, either. (I get audio only for some reason)
I've read that several other people are having some trouble viewing the Arc videos (.WMV) as well.

Is there anyone here who could repost these in the Quicktime™ format? I'd be happy to host them for the board if need be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snook

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nevermind the previous post, I finally got the videos to work.

They are terrific. A picture really is worth a thousand words, and video is even better!

I can't wait until my Arc4+ arrives...

cosco

Newly Enlightened
If someone can not play the .wmv files on his windows desktop, it might be necessary to download newest version of Windows Media Player. I personaly hate this piece of crap, but it comes with codecs needed.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
you don't have to click the switch very fast to get into the brightness or options menu, so you might accidentally entered one of the menus where single-clicking the switch either cranks up the brightness in the brightness menu, or selects the next option in the options menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.