Should I have gotten the X-5t?

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I had $40 in discovery channel store certs and I got the x-5T, WAS WONDERING IF THE PRICe will be droping if the LS invoa comes out and I would rather have that anyway....

when will the LS powered Inova be released?

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
well I had to spend the gift cert there and they were out of the Stephin Hawking book I wanted...

I guess I am just having remorse for this being the 7th light in the last 2 weeks and the 3rd A123 light :). see what you people have done to me....

would the LS INVOA be best to wait for, I REALLY like the feel and operation of the X5T but the output sucks.....

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
do you think the X5T-HA was done with better LEDs? I was looking at it but I dont think they take Discovery channel store gift certs...

nonbox

Banned
There's no confirmation that there will be a 1 watt x5t. I hope it comes out. Any one have info on the 1 watt x5t? Is it going to be at the shot show?

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
X5T HA3 uses the same LEDs as far as I can tell, and as others noted it may be just a hair dimmer than the 'normal' X5T due to HA3 coating on the 'reflector' area.

Considering that this is an unregulated 'long run time,' light any slight difference in output between the normal version and the HA3 version seems unimportant.

Same $40 and you get a light that is fairly uniqe AND has a much better coating.

The HA3 version is really very, very cool. I'd highly recommend it... and the service from C.C. is fantastic.

Manila

Newly Enlightened
Geesh!

I for one do not agree that the service at CountyComm is fantastic.

I placed an order for that X5T HA edition that they are selling and have sent numerous emails requesting an update and have not gotten any response backs.

I've sent emails to both nick and frank and none have responded back.

Why is that?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had great service with CountyComm. Placed an order, received tracking info, and had my products in a couple days and had my products in a couple days via FREE UPS ground. The X5T-HA finish makes this tough light even tougher! Dont have another standard X5T to compare brightness tho.

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been happy with my Inova X5t. Nice light and useful for those old 123a's that don't light up my Scorpion light anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blades

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
I bought my X5T HA3 'used' for a fellow CPF member. 'Used' as in the guy turned it on once or twice and put it back in the case.

When I recieved it, the light had a flicker issue... When C.C. was contacted they offered to take care of it.

I call that excellent customer service, I was impressed... after all, I was not their original customer, yet they were standing behind the product they sold.

This was my first exp with C.C., other than being annoyed by all the 'free light' sales they had a while back. No one's perfect, but it seems to me that C.C. tries very hard to provide good service.

If you read the original X5T HA3 thread in the dealers section one of the C.C. staff explains they they have been having problems with their email server... that might explain the issue you've encountered.

bty, I solved my flicker issue by cleaning the threads and contact points with rubbing alcohol... seems to work fine now.