Armytek viking x issue

gst138

Newly Enlightened
I have just bought from eBay the viking x. Every now and then when I switch it on it flashes once and the the light remains constant. This is not every time. I have tried different cells and it seems to happen across both. Both have been recently charged and there does not appear to be a change in brightness from the flash to the constant. Anyone got any idea what is going on here. Thanks

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
first what cell are you running? Ive got 10 Armyteks. DeOxit D100 is an absolute necessity for these things same goes for the head twisting Eagletacs. Order a couple cans its a spray electrical contact corrosion dissolver, improves contact and surface protectant. Its a Viking X its likely 3 years or more old. Take it apart and clean all the contact points with DeOxit I do it by soaking the end of a Q-tip with the spray then lightly wiping over all the contact points. The light you got likely developed some corrosion over the years. Youll notice the DeOxit bubble away at first on the contact points thats it eating away any kind of corrosion. If excess DeOxit is left wipe dry with a cloth. Is this a used light or a new old stock light?

gst138

Newly Enlightened
It is a used light. I have a small bottle of deoxit red. I have tried this and it seems to help short term bit the problem still exists. Thanks for the reply

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
so the DeOxit takes care of the problem for a bit then it returns eh? There is some serious corrosion or staining somewhere on the connection points. Clean it with DeOxit regularly and it should ultimately take care of it permanently unless there is somewhere on the points corrosion has caused permanent damage. Good luck

Oh..almost forgot. Take the tail switch apart and examine it. I believe the tail switch on your X and my version 2.5 are the same. This could also be the issue. Take it apart clean what you can and make sure the actual switch piece itself is correctly working. It could also be a sticking switch piece. If its super dry and sticking lightly lube it and see if that helps.

Last edited:

chaosdsm

Enlightened
It is a used light. I have a small bottle of deoxit red. I have tried this and it seems to help short term bit the problem still exists. Thanks for the reply
The "red" is primarily a cleaner, not a protector, after cleaning with it, finish with DeoxIt Shield (contact protector), or just switch to DeoxIt Gold which is both cleaner and protector. Also use cleaner & protector on your battery contacts as well, corrosion / tarnish can transfer from the flashlight contacts to the batteries. If you have the spray-on type DeoxIt, just spray it on a q-tip, then wipe each battery terminal with the q-tip.