Single mode long throw lights?

MrNaz

Enlightened
Hi there all,

I'm after a good, long throw, single mode light. Problem is that lights these days have too many modes. I've purchased some C8 flashlights in XM-L before and found them to be good, but I'd like to upgrade to the slightly longer throwing Convoy C8 in XP-L. Buuuut, too many modes.

Is there a way to remove the chip that does UI management or short past it or something? I'm planning to buy 5 or 6 of them. I have an ArmyTek Predator Pro 2.5 which I can set to be single mode, but paying $120 for a complex controllable UI just to turn all the modes off seems a waste, plus the C8 performs *almost* as well as the Predator Pro so the 6x cost difference also seems silly.

Thoughts?

camelight

Newly Enlightened
I don't know of a single mode flashlight
But if what important to you is the quick acss to the highest mode there is flashlights that has that
Other flashlights has memory mode so they every time it turns on the last mode you used, and if you only use the highest mode it will always turn on on ot
Plus either of this options you still have other modes if you want sometimes

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with camelight, find the thrower you want, make sure it has mode memory and just leave it on that setting.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much throw are you looking at. Streamlight makes the SuperTac High Performance light that only has one mode. Streamlight rates it's throw as 340 meters from two CR123A cells. They also have the Strion DS HPL that has three modes plus strobe, but can be easily programed to only use high. It is rated at 44,000 cd and 420m. It has a built-in rechargeable battery pack, so depending on your needs for run time it might not be a choice.

Then, of course, you have the lights like the Nitecore TM16GT and the TM36, both of which will reach out over 1,000 meters. They are multimode lights, but if you press and hold the Mode button from Off, they will go directly in Turbo mode. Olight and Fenix have similar lights.

stephenk

Enlightened
Hi there all,

I'm after a good, long throw, single mode light. Problem is that lights these days have too many modes. I've purchased some C8 flashlights in XM-L before and found them to be good, but I'd like to upgrade to the slightly longer throwing Convoy C8 in XP-L. Buuuut, too many modes.

Is there a way to remove the chip that does UI management or short past it or something? I'm planning to buy 5 or 6 of them. I have an ArmyTek Predator Pro 2.5 which I can set to be single mode, but paying $120 for a complex controllable UI just to turn all the modes off seems a waste, plus the C8 performs *almost* as well as the Predator Pro so the 6x cost difference also seems silly.

Thoughts?
The new clear anodised Convoy C8 has a new UI with 12 mode group options. Group 12 is 100% only.

MrNaz

Enlightened
The new clear anodised Convoy C8 has a new UI with 12 mode group options. Group 12 is 100% only.

OMG this is what I've been looking for. This, this is where it's at.

TEN THOUSAND YEARS WE HAVE SEARCHED THE WORLDS AND FINALLY THAT SEARCH IS OVER! OUR TIME HAS COME AND NOTHING SHALL REMAIN AS IT WAS!

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

MX421

Enlightened
The Armytek UI has either the modes (with the head loosened), or the high mode with the head tightened. I don't think that is unique (eg Malkoff UI is similar). Otherwise just have a UI that has a memory.

scout24

Flashaholic
10,000 years? You must have missed the Surefire M4/M6 Incands... Single mode, beautiful throwy beams... :D :grouphug:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
have one of the few Mag modders here such as vestureofblood build you an XHP35 HI D Mag. Single mode, 1100+ OTF lumens should be an easy 68+k CD light.

Oh almost forgot...have him use the much deeper Rebel reflector. Using the standard reflector youll end up with a little donut hole. The deeper Rebel reflector(the ones from the 2nd Gen LED D Mags)should push you to 80k CD using the XHP35 HI.

Last edited: