Photon King 1, is this thing any good?

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I have this flashlight sitting here, and it's bright as a spotlight, but want some suggestions on if it's any good. I might see if I can get $20 for it at the flea market.

Or maybe I I'll send it to that Kakster guy out of the goodness of my heart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Here's a picture.

pk1-e1e.jpg

Yes, I'm the lucky guy who got to play with Kakster's PK1 while he drools and roams aimlessly waiting for it to come in the post. It's a beatiful beast, I feel proud to have been able to fondle and touch it for a few days waiting for something else to send to Kak to come in so I could ship them both to him at once.

That's my E1e with 3W Luxeon, BB666, McLux head that Kak was nice enough to put together for me and sell to me at a reasonable price. Poor guy is selling a lot of flashlights these days, I wonder why..

Here's more pictures.. Please be patient, my DSL doesn't have a lot of uplink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://theblackmoor.net:8081/ids/index.cgi?mode=album&startitem=1&album=/misc/flashlights/pk1

I'll warn you, my beam shots stink.. I was hoping they would turn out better. The shots are from my back porch across a large farm to the white fence on the far side. A gas station and traffic added a lot of secondary light to the pictures, but I was afraid to go anywhere else with this obscenely expensive flashlight.

I'll be posting some light meter results in another post, but I'll go ahead and say the PK1 is twice as bright as a Mag 4D.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif If I change my name to Kakster I don't suppose you'll send them to me? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike:

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Khaytsus said:
I'll be posting some light meter results in another post, but I'll go ahead and say the PK1 is twice as bright as a Mag 4D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm twice as bright as a 4D Mag.... OK, I'll give you $45 for it if you include shipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I think it's great that the PK1 is no going off to Kakster. Unfortunately, I let this information slip to my wife and Buggs heard me. Those big ears! Well anyway, he now refuses to eat and he has been moping around. Seems that *he* wants the PK1 but hey, he's just a stupid rabbit and he can't afford to buy a single 123 cell let alone a one of a kind light! It's OK, send the light off. Buggs will probably get over it.....

buggs2.jpg

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
that rabbit scares the sh*t out of me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
that rabbit scares the sh*t out of me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I don't know for what reason but after seeing the picture of the bunny and then reading your comment, I just started busting up. Hehe I really don't know what was making me laugh but I just had to say so. I think I need sleep.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
There better not be any bodily fluids on it when it arrives here... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Bleach and patience does wonders for that sort.

No no...

BTW Kak, if the PK1 looks like a 2D mag when it arrives, the pictures are a little deceiving. It really looks more like the 2D Mag.. So.. ummm...

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I should mention that as many of you probably already know, white balance in the dark is a little funky, I should have set it manually, but who remembers such things.

The output from the PK1 is *white*. No colouration in it I can tell at all. At a distance it looks very slightly blue, but definately not the blue/green/REALLY green the beam shot pictures in my photo gallery show.