Armytek Predator Pro V3

bdogps

Enlightened
Hello,

I recently received my newly purchased Armytek predator pro v3 with the cree XB-H. There's a buzzing noise when is on its highest mode coming from the tail switch. It was flickering on the highest mode and then it shut off. Then it didn't turn on anymore. Anyone else experienced the same problem and did you manage to fix it? I used some contact cleaner, but it didn't make any difference. Well it made it come on again for a while, but then the same problem kept persisting.

Thank you

Last edited:

Treeguy

Enlightened
The AT Predators V3 (700LM) and Vikings V3 (1250LM) are on sale her for about $60Cdn. That's a great deal. But I'm reading so much about the quality control problems with AT lights I'm hesitant to get one.

Bummer. The specs and the prices are great. :(

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
Hello,

I recently received my newly purchased Armytek predator pro v3 with the cree XB-H. There's a buzzing noise when is on its highest mode coming from the tail switch. It was flickering on the highest mode and then it shut off. Then it didn't turn on anymore. Anyone else experienced the same problem and did you manage to fix it? I used some contact cleaner, but it didn't make any difference. Well it made it come again for a while, but then the same problem kept persisting.

Thank you

I had this problem as well with my Armytek light and I did everything possible to fix it but the problem just keep coming back. I just had to send it for repair at the end of the day after giving up on it so that's what you might have to do as well. I got a new light back but the whole process took about two months. Great lights but not buying any Armytek lights again until they sort out their QC issues or get everything consistent in regards to their specs and UI.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP I have this light. Have you taken apart the tail switch? If not do so and use your contact cleaner double check the switch piece itself out as well. I have not had this issue with my light.

bdogps

Enlightened
I had this problem as well with my Armytek light and I did everything possible to fix it but the problem just keep coming back. I just had to send it for repair at the end of the day after giving up on it so that's what you might have to do as well. I got a new light back but the whole process took about two months. Great lights but not buying any Armytek lights again until they sort out their QC issues or get everything consistent in regards to their specs and UI.

I hope they they have improved their customer service experience and QC issues as well and if not, will do the same as you did.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I hope they they have improved their customer service experience and QC issues as well and if not, will do the same as you did.

I have 15 of their lights now. I bought several headlamps during their big sale a month ago. No malfunctions so far.

The only "problem"is with my order of a Partner C4 Pro v3 XHP35. I have bought the C2 and C1 tube to use this light with one 18650 (C2) or one 18350 (C1). They send me the wrong tubes even if I have made this order directly with the representant. The tubes they have sent are for a Prime. The tailcap swith doesn't fit. They take care of this problem and the "good" tubes are on their way. I didn't have to return the tubes they provided me.🙂

Last edited:

bdogps

Enlightened
I contacted Armytek over the weekend but they don't work over the weekend, which is fine. They contacted me today. Their service is just as bad as GB and BG. They want to the clean the contacts, re-lube the threads, the name and type of batteries I am using. Send a video of me showing that the batteries are fully charged in the charger. I found testing the torch by removing the tail cap, then with a knife, make contact with the battery and torch simultaneously reasonable. Which I did and it seems the it's the tail switch that is faulty. The torch turned on fine with no problems at all.

I did tell them that I received this torch this past Saturday. It's brand new.

I will update when they reply to me again tomorrow.

bdogps

Enlightened
Armytek contacted me yesterday and told me that they were passing on the information that I gave them to their "technical department."

Will update what they tell me. They should reply to me in the next hour.

bdogps

Enlightened
Another day gone and no response from Armytek. Luckily I have other torches that work perfectly. Now I see where Armytek stance on customer service is, there's none. I am over Armytek and won't purchase from them again. I have two wizards and hopefully they won't stop working. Luckily the ebay vendor I bought it from hkelvisfever, is willing to exchange it. I rather get money back instead of getting another dud Armytek. Hassle free warranty, it sounds nice, but not actually practiced.

bdogps

Enlightened
I gave Armytek a second chance to redeem themselves for bad customer service. They agreed to send me a replacement tail switch last Friday and they were going to message me as soon as they have shipped it. It's almost a week since that email and no response. Maybe I can win one that's actually working since they are having a give away and the prize is the torch that is currently faulty.

Last edited:

bdogps

Enlightened
Armytek finally decided to mail me the tail cap with the slowest post. It's going to take 2-4 weeks for it to arrive. They email me yesterday to let me know they post it yesterday.

MX421

Enlightened
Another hasslefree warranty anti-example. I have only ordered from them directly twice. Luckily those transactions worked out better than yours, but it made me realize you need to order through an retailers (like done with the Wizards) to get any customer service.

That being said, there are some older Wizards on sale on their site that i took a gamble on recently (Hi CRI model). I'll see if they fall under my last two transactions, or one like yours. Enough of these bad experiences posted on the net can't be helpful for theiir sales. Thats why they are having to give away the old models on their current promotion.

bdogps

Enlightened
Another hasslefree warranty anti-example. I have only ordered from them directly twice. Luckily those transactions worked out better than yours, but it made me realize you need to order through an retailers (like done with the Wizards) to get any customer service.

That being said, there are some older Wizards on sale on their site that i took a gamble on recently (Hi CRI model). I'll see if they fall under my last two transactions, or one like yours. Enough of these bad experiences posted on the net can't be helpful for theiir sales. Thats why they are having to give away the old models on their current promotion.

They could easily turn things around by making their current customers their number one priority. I own two wizards, version one and three. I like their headlamps a lot. Hell, I am a repeat customer, but that doesn't matter to them. As the saying goes "the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."