4100 lumen "Laser/Flashlight" 100 watt halogen fire starting light? Anything compare?

4100 lumen "Laser/Flashlight" 100 watt halogen fire starting light? Anything compare?

Anyone seen this or know if any Lithium Ion battery lights can put out this kind of power with a tight enough beam? And I couldn't find lux/CD specs on this light, nor throw distance... If someone could kindly elaborate on what sort of throw one could expect with this, that would be appreciated. The video really fails at showing the beam pattern too.

I discovered it here http://www.wickedlasers.com/torch

$200...

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 4100 lumen "Laser/Flashlight" 100 watt halogen fire starting light? Anything comp

There are tons of Li-ion LEDs lights that can output 4100 lumens. What exactly are you looking for?

Last edited:

Lexel

Enlightened
Re: 4100 lumen "Laser/Flashlight" 100 watt halogen fire starting light? Anything comp

While our LEDs pump the heat into the heatsink a Halogen light or xenon light radiates a lot of infrared light

so a conventional bulb emits a lot more power to burn things and they are better to focus

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am not sure if this is a relevant comment to your question but: there are LED lights who can start fire. One example is Olight SR mini.
At least with a darkened paper it's possible: it becomes burning hot to hold the hand right in front of the lens, and that not only at turbo mode but with mid mode as well. This is not possible with SR52UT, however. So it's not the job for a thrower but for a flooder!
This because as we know the hotspot of a thrower is not focused at short distance. With the flooder the light amount is concentrated directly at the lens, though.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

That fire starting in the video is exaggerated. It takes longer than a few seconds for paper to burn

Capolini

Banned

That fire starting in the video is exaggerated. It takes longer than a few seconds for paper to burn

Absolutely exaggerated!

I remember talk a year or so ago about this flashlight and wickedlasers in general. They are a GIMMICK!

Do you see actual beam shots? When he shines it on those Two people does that look bright to you?

Skeeterg

Enlightened

They sell some good lasers, but the guy don't ship to USA,sadly.

Capolini

Banned

They sell some good lasers, but the guy don't ship to USA,sadly.

Lasers may be good but that flashlight sucks!

I assume you are from USA? If so, how would you know that the lasers are good if they do not ship here? A logical question!

If you are outside of USA, disregard the question.

Lasers may be good but that flashlight sucks!

I assume you are from USA? If so, how would you know that the lasers are good if they do not ship here? A logical question!

If you are outside of USA, disregard the question.

Wicked used to ship to the US, they stopped a while ago. I bought a green and blue laser from them before they stopped shipping here.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast

This flashlight is a pain in my rear! I sell a few lights here and there to local PDs and when Olight introduced the X7 I brought it up at a meeting ...one officer said he found it difficult to believe that there was a 9000 lumen light because "the Wicked Laser torch held the world record for the brightest light in the world" :eek:
of course we had to prove him wrong...

Last edited: