looking for eagletac MX25L2-Compact reviews/comments

thenewguy81

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I have been searching for a new search light style flashlight and came across eagletac's newer [FONT=&quot]MX25L2-C (Compact) flashlight. The light has [/FONT][FONT=&quot]triple CREE XP-L HI V3 Cool White LED. This light would be used for law enforcement purposes of searching large open areas and would be replacing a Jetbeam M1X. I have been searching all over the internet for a review and beam shots but cannot find any for this newer model. I found the reviews for the regular mx25l2 which has a single LED and is longer, heavier, and not as bright. Any help would be great. Thank you.[/FONT]

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
MX25L2C uses a 2x32650 li-ion battery pack. Very interesting!

I have the MX25L4CvnT DriverVNX2 XP-L HD dedomed, so similar beam profile, but four x 18650.

Yes, Google search shows no reviews for this interesting item, yet. I am sure you will love this light!

:welcome:

thenewguy81

Newly Enlightened
Very tempted to get this one. I appreciate the feedback from both of you. Might wait and see if there is a Christmas sale on it. I Just bought an olight r50 seeker last month. Nice light but not enough throw for me. It's also very difficult to find the on switch in the dark.

thenewguy81

Newly Enlightened
Newlumen do you happen to have any beam shots for this light? Is yours a lot different than the stock light. Hard to believe nobody has done a full review on this light... I still cant find anything online.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
ANY MX25L2 will suit your LEO very high output search needs. Reason being the MX25L2 original 2100 lumen SST-90 emitter I have owned for I think 3 years now has been the baddest, most heavily built and yes purposely designed for LEO use light I have ever handled or even seen. There are videos on YT of people running them slowly over with trucks and bulldozers. They dont completely crush and ever after insane abuse still function fine.

The holster they come with blows I will just be honest here but considering the very large size of the light you may just be stuck with it. The 2 Fei Long 32650 cell battery pack they come with hold their charge like no other cell type I have ever used.

I went all in and got the full MX25L2 kit with all the huge screw on colored filters which btw are for real colored optical glass not dipped plastic etc and when applied to an utter blaster like an MX25L2 the effect of them is nothing short of awesome. These lights are very expensive mine cost over $400 but I just have not seen anything else like it. We are not supposed to talk about lights as batons/weapons here but the biggest heaviest pumpkin is easily "carved" to pieces for Halloween cough cough...

Even the Compact is to big to sit down in a car with it on your belt keep that in mind. Good luck

thenewguy81

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the information celtic cross. The price tag is big (found it for $270 as a kit) but sounds justified with the build quality you described. I do have a smaller light (fenix pd35) on my outer carrier, and would throw this on the duty bag in the car. Im pretty much convinced.. Guess it will be a christmas gift for me!

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
you are more than welcome man. The MX25L2 is just usually to expensive for most thus it does not get mentioned much here so when I saw the thread title just thought I would throw out some user experience that maybe even more may find useful. I also even spent the $120 for the HUGE Turbo head for my old SST-90 unit the end result actually looks exactly like the beam shots above which is pretty interesting. In all I spent just over $500 on the full on kit MX25L2 including the turbo head. Yes there are of course MUCH higher output lights out there but I have yet to see a single one that is as utterly tough as the MX. Good luck

thenewguy81

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to everyone's advice, I bought the flashlight and I am not disappointed! It is actually beyond my expectations. Very heavy/solid build and the beam is equally impressive. Only bummer was the wall charger and holster weren't in the package so I have to use the car charger for now. Retailer was very quick to respond and state they would ship the missing parts. Thanks again everyone!

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good to hear. I have been using the SX25L2 for a number of years and it has been a great patrol light. It stays in my patrol bag and I have a T25C2 on my belt. I always use the SX25L2 on traffic stops among other things.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, another thing, a standard D cell flashlight ring will work for your MX25L2C. I use a C cell ring for the SX25L2.

thenewguy81

Newly Enlightened
perfect, i was hoping one of the rings would fit but haven't had the time to try it yet. Thanks!

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem, 32650 is D cell diameter and 26650 is C cell diameter for future reference.