Went from Klarus XT11 to XT11S. Looking for next step up. XT11GT?

Majestic

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone. Been reading for years but never posted. You guys are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you in advance. (I think?)

I'm guessing the "itch" I've had means that flashlights to me are more than just a tool.
I feel I am obsessed with having a bright torch. So far the XT11 has done well for me.

Now I am finding myself wanting a little more power. I don't need flood. I'm looking for bright in a smaller spot or a hot spot.
I have 6 18650 batteries and a D4 charger so I am kinda invested in the 18650 BUT not against trying the 26650.

So I saw that Klarus has the XT11GT now and it boasts 2000 lumens. Is that possible? Maybe it's my next light?
I was also looking at the G20 or G30 although I feel the G30 had more spot than flood and appeared to be much brighter?

I'd appreciate your guidance. :)

Thanks,

Fred

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The g20, compared to my pd40, is smaller and brighter. The g30 is going to be thicker and use a more batteries.

Majestic

Newly Enlightened
Well I decided to order both. Was hoping to hear more feedback here but I guess there are a lot of posts like mine and it can become tiresome.

Not sure which I'll like better but I guess we will see.

Fred

Lexel

Enlightened
The G20 is quite a floody one and reviews spec it at 2000-2200 lumens

the Klarus XT11GT with XHP35 Hi was a thrower but they decided to build in the one with dome now making it a bit less throwy but still far better than the G20

I hope you used the Groupbuy in this forum to save a lot of money for those 2 lights

Majestic

Newly Enlightened
Lexel;[URL="tel:4986476" said:
4986476[/URL]]The G20 is quite a floody one and reviews spec it at 2000-2200 lumens

the Klarus XT11GT with XHP35 Hi was a thrower but they decided to build in the one with dome now making it a bit less throwy but still far better than the G20

I hope you used the Groupbuy in this forum to save a lot of money for those 2 lights

Sadly I didn't realize there was a group buy. They both arrive Monday.
Thanks for the feedback.

Doomsday

Newly Enlightened
I got the G20 in the group buy. It's ok. I hardly use it. No range at all. Super floody. Good for lighting up your back yard or right in front of you when walking. I only use lights for walking my dog. When he runs off to smell something the G20 can't find him. Got an Acebeam EC50. Love it way more but cost double the price

Majestic

Newly Enlightened
I got the G20 in the group buy. It's ok. I hardly use it. No range at all. Super floody. Good for lighting up your back yard or right in front of you when walking. I only use lights for walking my dog. When he runs off to smell something the G20 can't find him. Got an Acebeam EC50. Love it way more but cost double the price

Thanks I appreciate your response. I'm going to check out the EC50 too.

Fred