Need new O-ring for Draco

Scottiver

Enlightened
Hey guys, I have one of the original Draco's and my last o-ring bit the dust. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? I'm pretty sure these were custom made o-rings. Modamag doesn't seem to be around any more...

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I have one of the original Draco's and my last o-ring bit the dust. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement? I'm pretty sure these were custom made o-rings. Modamag doesn't seem to be around any more...
There are hardly custom made o-rings, only custom-spec'ed ones. In other words, the user is responsible for finding a replacement from all available o-ring specs.

Sometimes the replacement o-ring may be slightly different from original specs and the user has to try out a few neighboring sizes to determine the ideal one for the exact application. I've done this all the time, thanks to the availability of specialty o-ring/gear dealers in my vicinity.

So do you still have the broken original o-ring? If so, measure its thickness first. Then measure the o-ring groove on the Draco for the ID. The resulting o-ring should have an ID slightly smaller than that for tight snug fit.

groovadelickun

Newly Enlightened
Did you end up finding a source for the O-rings? I have long since lost mine, but I still have a empty baggie that says "Draco Flashlight Oring" .030. So hopefully the .030 helps...