KLARUS Mi7 review; only Pics and graphs

Trevilux

Enlightened
Klars%2BMi7%2Bportada%2Bb.jpg

Klarus Mi7:
LED/REFLECTOR: XP-L Hi V3 / Reflector OP
BATTERY:1xAA (NiMH, Alcaline, Primary Lithium, 14500)
MODES: Low/Medium/High + 2 special modes
INTERFCE: side switch
DATE: July 2016

klarus%2BMi7%2BEDC%2Bb%2Bpicb.jpg

groupp%2Bpic%2Bbest%2Baa%2B2016%2Blights.jpg

for package and content see this little video: flahslight, lanyard, clamb, Oring, user manual:

box%2Bklarus%2Bmi7.jpg

One of the most compact 1xAA at this moment:

Klarus%2BMi7%2Bmedidas%2Bb.jpg

klarus%2Bmi7%2Bin%2Bhand%2B2.jpg

klarus%2Bmi7%2Bin%2Bhands.jpg

Klarus Mi7 and other 1xAA lights:

klarus%2Bmi7%2Band%2Bothers%2Baa.jpg

Some Pics in detail:

f6zv9Ia.jpg

Manker E11, Klarus Mi7, JetBeam Jet-I mk, Olight S15R, Fenix E12, Nitecore MT1A

IGGyl0i.jpg

amSLor1.jpg

ksdDcNM.jpg
eDfyga2.jpg

LED AND BEAM

Reflector%2BKlarus%2BMi7%2Breview.jpg

Led%2Bklarus%2Bmi7.jpg

Beam%2BKlarus%2BMi7.jpg

Animated gif Mi7 with AA NiMH Vs 14500:

01%2BKlarus%2BMi7%2Bgif.gif

Over white wall, beam Klarus Mi7 Vs Manker E11, Jetbeam Jet-I Mk and and Olight S15R

02%2BKlarus%2Bmi7%2Bbeam%2Bcomp.gif

Now animated with NiMH Klarus Mi7, Manker E11, JetBeam Jet-I MK and Olight S15R

zz%2Bgif%2Bde%2BKlarus%2Bmi7.gif

Interface User:

bloqueo%2By%2Bdesbloqueo.jpg

Now some graphs, first offical values and stimated value from my Trevilu-Box with NiMH and with 14500:

modos%2B14500%2BNiMH%2BMi7.jpg

grafico%2Bok%2Bnimh%2BKlarus%2Bmi7.jpg

Now estimated lumens with NiMH battery for Klarus Mi7, Manker E11 and JetBeam Jet-I MK

L%25C3%25BAmenes%2Bcon%2BMiNH%2Bpara%2BMi7%2BManker%2BE11%2Band%2BJet-OI%2Bmk.jpg

1. Tested without fan in the hightest modes with NiMH Fujitsu 1.900 mA and Klarus 14500 (800mA), for see datail of step down;

Runtime%2B8%2Bminutes%2BMi7%2B14500%2Band%2BNiMH.jpg

Now complete runtime without fan, with the same batteries:
When finish I remove the battery and I have measured 3.12V with the Klarus 14500 and 0.9V with the NiMH:

Runtime%2Bcomplete%2BMi7%2Bin%2Benglish.jpg

Review in spanish with complete text here in blog: http://luxlinternas.blogspot.com.es/2016/10/review-klarus-mi7-xp-l-hi-v3-1xaa14500.html

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for your time ! I like the colour range of these lights and the thought that has gone into them .

Trevilux

Enlightened
Hi, Thanks!:

Is only my impression, but I think that the Mi7 has a little more throw, this hot spot is more intense than the E11 (are you asking about E11 manker or about Fenix E12?), at least with 14500 battery.

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Thanks!:

Is only my impression, but I think that the Mi7 has a little more throw, this hot spot is more intense than the E11 (are you asking about E11 manker or about Fenix E12?), at least with 14500 battery.
Fenix e12, I've been running if with a 14500 and the throw is really good for an aa size light, would like to squeeze a little more from something if possible though.

Thanks again!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review!

I find mildly annoying that to reach the medium level (which is in general the one used more often) you have to cycle through max.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a blue MI7. Overall I like the slimness. The "hand feel" is also quite good with the pineapple knurling and metal button. The UI is adequate with shortcuts to low and max.

Unfortunately, it does have one big downside that for me makes it unsuitable for pocket EDC: the raised metal button isn't stiff enough. In just the first few days of EDC pocket carry I had it turn on in my pocket multiple times.

A pocket EDC with a button needs to be convenient. I don't consider lockouts suitable for a pocket EDC because the act of unlocking the light removes all the convenience of having the pushbutton.

Streamer

Enlightened
I simply twist tube 1/16 inch and it locks out/on quickly. Solved.

Really though, the only flaw in this light is no direct access to MED.

Last edited:

7hns

Newly Enlightened
Any size comparison pictures to other lights? I like this but am used to tiny 123 lights

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any size comparison pictures to other lights? I like this but am used to tiny 123 lights
here my own data:
D25A Clicky Titanium 2014,
size/dimensions: 18.0mm (head), 16.7mm (body)
length: 87.3mm
weight with clip, without battery: 32g

klarus spec is:
size/dimensions: 19.0mm (head), 17.6mm (body)
length: 87.2mm
weight with clip, without battery: 40g

i would rank the D25a higher, with all the emitter options incl XP-L Hi the D25a is imho the superior light and offering but it is also the more expensive one.

@Trevi, is mechanical lockout possible on the Mi7Ti ?

Trevilux

Enlightened
Kreisl: "is mechanical lockout possible on the Mi7Ti ?"
Not, but the electronic lockout of the Mi7 is one of the safest.

Tinderbox (UK): "I read a review and it said the user interface was not set out very logically which put me off a bit from buying one."
The interface is not perfect, ok, but allows direct access to High mode or Low mode, have a good electronic lockout, test for battery level (useful for 14500 and NiMH),...

7hns: "Any size comparison pictures to other lights? I like this but am used to tiny 123 lights"
I will make a pic with other CR123 (I have a good collection ;-) ), along the day.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI the below thread on BLF shows this light has a moderate amount (about 170-180 microamps) of parasitic drain from the e-switch:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/50801

This is something to consider when dealing with a battery which doesn't have a lot of capacity to begin with.

Trevilux

Enlightened
FYI the below thread on BLF shows this light has a moderate amount (about 170-180 microamps) of parasitic drain from the e-switch:

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/50801

This is something to consider when dealing with a battery which doesn't have a lot of capacity to begin with.

I think is not a problem, if your flashlight is not defective.
In any case for the aluminium version, I always use the mechanical lockout.... In the Titanium editon, I do not know yet... there are not mechanical lock out option, I must measure the drain.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Trevi for all the information,
I'll get my mi7ti anytime soon, possibly this week!

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Titanium editon, I do not know yet... there are not mechanical lock out option, I must measure the drain.
i have the Titanium edition now two :)
Interesting observation: i can lockout my Ti light mechanically with a twist!

How's that possible?

I've checked the continuity with my DMM and found out that the driver disc (say the minus contact ring) has no contact with the titanium head host, on my sample. Apparently this is a manufacturing tolerance issue, and it seems that —since this light is NOT a twisty-AAA light!— it doesn't matter if the driver disc has or doesn't have electrical connection with the surrounding titanium.

Yet it does matter when it comes to mechanical lockout. Some Ti-units can be locked out with a twist (as it should be? see all the twisty SS/Ti AAA lights!!), and some Ti-units cannot be locket out this way.

Interesting.

I solved the mystery, kudos to the squirrel. Sometimes i really rock thanks!
qq0395du13.gif

And am glad that my unit can be locked out with a twist. The electronic lockout is just unbearable.

Cheers!

qq005h8ueb.gif