Does Thrunite make a TN4A in Neutral White?

dmattaponi

Enlightened
I was just looking on Amazon, and it lists a NW version of the TN4A. I'd like to order one, but I've had some issues with Amazon not listing things accurately. The Thrunite website does not list a NW version, and I can't find mention of one anywhere else either. Does the TN4A come in a neutral white version? Thanks for any help.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite sells 2 versions of neutral white all with separate listings on Amazon. TN4A NW, TN4A HI NW (The TN4A HI NW just came out 2 weeks ago...the HI has a little more defined hotpot and over 100 more throw than the non-Hi version)

The ThruNite website just has the two listings;

thrunite-tn4a-xp-l-hi-max-1050-lumen-flashlight/

thrunite-tn4a-xp-l-max-1150-lumen-flashlight/

.....within each link you get to choose the LED color, cool white or neutral white.

I am looking to get the TN4A HI NW in the next while myself.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Hi LeanBurn, thank you for the info. That is exactly what I wanted to know. Much appreciated.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
I ordered the HI version. I already have the regular version in nw, and a regular and HI version of the cool white. I like my nw better and was very happy to see the nw version of the HI. There is a big difference in throw between the regular and HI. For most applications I like the regular beam, but out on the farm with longer distances I prefer the HI version.

Last edited:

dmattaponi

Enlightened
I haven't noticed any green tint. I've read comments where people say the cool white is a little on the neutral side and I'd agree with that.

Last edited:

dmattaponi

Enlightened
No problem, but I do want to update...I was comparing the low medium and high settings on my nw tn4a tonight, and there was a greenish tint on the low setting. It disappears on the medium and high setting. Medium and high are more of a creamy white by comparison. I don't notice this on the low setting of the cool white tn4a.

Last edited:

carnage

Enlightened
No problem, but I do want to update...I was comparing the low medium and high settings on my nw tn4a tonight, and there was a greenish tint on the low setting. It disappears on the medium and high setting. Medium and high are more of a creamy white by comparison. I don't notice this on the low setting of the cool white tn4a.
I have the Archer 2A V3 and on the low setting is more of a white color, but on the higher setting the light has a greenish tint to it so I wasn't sure if this is normal for all ThruNite flashlights. Thanks for the reply again.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Just an update...received the neutral white TN4A HI today, and just with a quick once over, it lives up to the standard I've come to expect from Thrunite. Fit and finish are very nice. I didn't notice any cosmetic issues, and it seems to work just fine. Love the nw tint. All specifications are supposed to be the same between the nw and cw HI TN4A. If initial impressions count for anything, I wouldn't have any problem recommending this light to others. Also, I've got 4 other TN4A (3 regular and 1 HI) that my family has been using since March of this year. We've had no problems, and my wife who generally thinksI'm nuts when it comes to flashlights has become a TN4A addict. She won't go outside after dark without it, and even sometimes throws it in her purse if she knows she is going to be out after dark (even though she already has a perfectly fine small single cell edc light). Now if I could just get her to realize how useful the lower settings are, and how ample the lower light settings are, I'd be happy. She pretty much insists on the 500 lumen setting when outside after dark. As I mentioned above, I've designated one TN4A as hers, since I knew she will do her best to absent-mindedly abuse it. She has held true to the standard I set for her, and her bumped, dropped, wet, etc., TN4A has held up without issue.

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you compared the NW HI vs CW HI, would you say the output is too close to tell which one performs better or is there subtle difference ?

Which one was relegated to your wife?

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Comparing the two side by side indoors, I don't see any difference between the two other than tint. I haven't had a chance to try it outdoors or at long distances, but there is not perceptible difference indoors on a white wall. According to the manufacturer specifications in the paperwork that comes with the two lights, they are identical. Some people report that CW appears brighter than NW. If I had to choose between the two, I'd definitely choose neutral white as I find the tint more pleasing to my eyes.

My wife has a regular cool white TN4A. She has compared it to my neutral white, and she actually prefers the cool white color more. I think it's what she is used to. Me, I like the neutral white because it reminds me of the older incandescent color of flashlights, and I like that better than the stark appearance you tend to get with cool white lights (but remember the cw TN4A is more neutral in color than some other cool white lights, so the cw version isn't bad either). I keep another cool white version in my vehicle. I figure for a general purpose car utility light, I don't need or even want the extreme throw of the HI version. The regular TN4A is a decent thrower in and of itself, but has a bit more flood for close up and general purpose use. In reality for all but long distance lighting, I probably prefer the regular TN4A, but if you have long distances in mind, you will notice a big difference between the regular and hi versions in use. On the other hand, if say your primary useage will be 50 to 75 yards, I think you will find the regular version more than up to the task (and maybe preferable to the HI version for closer work.

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks dmattaponi

I have a feeling I will own a TN4A HI NW real soon. Then I will be done getting lights....wow...that was deja vu...like I have said that before
:naughty:

Last edited: