Internet speed and faster domain access?

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Folks,

Is it just me or have the last 2 days of denial of service made your home internet perform better? On Wednesday night I was watching RT.Com and one of the by line stories was Vice President Bidens threat of retaliatory internet attacks on Russia for getting involved with our current political circus. On Thursday afternoon I noticed I could get my email system to load at speeds I haven't seen in probably a decade (pop-ups/active script running) and yesterday it only got better. Now, watching the US news services, they are claiming a whole series of on going denial of service (DDoS) attacks occurring repetitively, yet my service is only getting better.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not attempting to praise the attacks since my comments are about attaining better service. And I have seen my home access drop outs increase in the last 48 hrs but am I the only one who has seen this oddity? What's your internet been doing in the last couple of days?

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to clarify I'm not experiencing anything different on my internet connections in the last few days. But right now only CPF is blazing fast, everything else is the same. I'm thinking they have made an update of some type.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spoke too soon.... it only lasted hours and CPF is back to being a turtle. At least we know it's possible, even if it will never be.

Last edited:

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Hmmm,.........? Yesterday I had issues again with the home system. Like a few days ago and once again once I could log back on I had better performance accessing this site (as well as others) but this time I didn't hear or read about any DDoS occurring on the news? Wonder if this is background stuff and just a fact of everyday attempts to burden the system?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Your speeds were likely unrelated to the DDOS attack against DNS services provided by DYN. While it's possible that different routes may have been selected at the major backbone peering points for ISPs, it's more likely to be a localized issue in your area. Level 3, one of the major carriers that was affected by this attack, didn't really have an issue with their circuits being blocked; it was pretty much confined to DYN's servers as I understand it.