Cabin in central wisconsin

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
While camping i got to try out some of my flashlights in an ideal setting. While they were bright, i was hoping to impress my wife with my 3000lm flashlights. Unfortunately she was not all that impressed. She is not into the flashlight community as much as i but she listens lol. She thought the sc600mkIII was kinda bright but then i pulled out the 3k lumen manker. then she thought the zebra light was not bright at all but was also not impressed with the brightness of the manker either. I really wanted to get a wow factor from her. I think i might look into buying a new lumen monster like the x7 or m43 before i purchase a new malkoff that has recently been added to the list of lights i plan to purchase.

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly I think to the nonenthusiast, pencil throwers are the most impressive.
I have better lights, like the t6vn... yet my m3xs-ut is the one that got the "holy sh!t that thing's a f*cking light saber" reaction from a friend.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
Oh she digged the cabin. The wife and the dog had a blast with the ATV and wood burner. Only thing is that the gas station closed at 8pm and im kinda an night owl

Poppy

Flashaholic
ugh... flashlights, that's what they do! They light up things :thinking: What's there to be impressed about?

In my house, a few years ago, one of these were fine.

AStBiAfvs8P1joROwdyhZBz6Ge-y0yLtaPKkuWQbhEd8d3HpPOFwI-zdv-pt3DrLiQBlUdiU5PXp6PrAvZf4KbduyijQnVu2X3aMfAalDkMK6AAy8sGsNyZOhzs92J5-4RLD4aUFqEEWR6iFivqxmi2l6r8yA69i9efrVy8vxrbRLKxGx3N3cdQsSus1qSfyIRJ8uXHyv51yjtd_o86t5b5sGfOc4gophJFucZDLuOilNi4YYQbumDQQBJxtLV1FbFj5YzA00nQMDDKwOiHJZ7GRyfI233KCc1dez8In31NRPuYGJBFaYPAOQaKItnQmCIG3spGHw7WtDIYMROisGD15rayeYfFL9uHHTW2zLpHMdjAhsPvAvqbkeUgPCt0bxnwz2uC64PPda6btZu7JGwwIzXYmGBoJiKt3masDxT487ihmnQow_1vMfaRvHX4ioderQJRcHSrJhdq1XQoxoAxNKkBS1mNVp4TgOol84Q2ED9IJdlqmFric1-T695fKhHmtYvIHg9yQypigEIECO3Z_4QjJEZSbGnUvTkktnpzXGDpUuRRDTZ-b0dha1d7z5TUOkPGkgFhICs6cMeKSrjYgOmbRV4viuDhMxPa7kHUqtz_V=w578-h770-no

A 2D about thirty lumens, or a 2AA twelve lumens.
They'd light a path so you can see where you are walking, or shine under the couch to find a missing crayon.

A couple of years ago four of us, (my daughter and her two kids, and I) went to an evening campfire outing.
I asked who wants which flashlight... no one cared, so I grabbed four 18650 lights 500-600 lumens each, but one little guy insisted that he take one of those 2AA rayovacs instead. "Are you sure?" "Here take this one"... "No Poppy!"
OK....

Walking back on a dirt path, I hear my daughter grumbling.... this light is a POS!
Somehow she ended up with that little 2AA. Her other son gave her his S2, and then stripped the Niteye MSC20 out of my hand.

Poppy ended up with his key chain light (DQG AAA at the time).

Soooooooo... the point being.
If you want your wife to appreciate your better lights, let her use your old 2D incan with half depleted batteries for a day or two. Show her how to tap it on its side to keep it going.
It won't be long before YOU are walking with the POS, and she'll be lighting up the sky! :)

Last edited: