Qiestions re:JETBeam III-M Pro

goldenlight

Enlightened
Is it POSSIBLE that the JETBeam III-M Pro, with the split pea soup puke green color beam, DOESN'T EVEN HAVE LEVEL MEMORY?

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

It comes on at the 1 lumen output, every time I turn it on. Since the 55 lumen level is the one I WANT TO use most, I have to cycle through ALL FIVE MODES to get to the 55 lumen output. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE. AT ALL.

The instructions, just like for EVERY JETBeam flashlight I've EVER seen, are pretty much useless. The instructions feature phrases like: "Tightening the head, the user can be access to tactical mode with turbo output".

Obviously, there is NOBODY at JETBeam headquarters in Longhua Town, Shenzhen, China, who doesn't speak English as a FOURTH language. Unbelievable. There is no mention of 'level memory'.

I only paid $45 for this POJ flashlight, including shipping. But as it sits now, it's less useful to me than a 10 lumen key chain light. By several orders of magnitude.

Let's say I'm sitting in my car, and I need to find something in my glove box. An important piece of paper. I stupidly grab my shiny new JETBeam III-M Pro. It turns on in the one lumen mode. Useless for this. I press the tailcap button again, and I am INSTANTLY BLINDED BY THE STROBE MODE.

That's rright folks. To get to the $%^&#@!*!! 55 lumen level, the flashlight goes DIRECTLY from the 1 lumen output level, to the STROBE MODE. At ELEVEN HUNDRED LUMENS. Do NOT pass 'go', do NOT collect $200.

THEN it goes to 980 lumens. More blindness ensues. Then you get 500 lumens. Your recently acquired seeing eye dog starts barking. Next in line is 180 lumens. The seeing eye dog goes crazy, and starts ripping out huge chunks of upholstery, a quarter of a cubic foot at a time.

FINALLY, the flashlight switches to the 55 lumen level. Of course, ONLY the seeing eye dog could POSSIBLY see it.

This flashlight has the absolute WORST system for adjusting output I've EVER seen. In ANY flashlight. EVER. This is 2016, NOT 1999.

It's like Donald Trump decided to design a flashlight. And I bought one. Because he DIDN'T put his NAME ON IT.

DMS1970

Enlightened
That sounds pretty messed up. I've been jetbeam free since my old RRT with the brightness ring. It had high battery drain. I have a Jet I on order for $13 because I've seen so many decent reviews. If I like it, I'll see if they go any cheaper on black Friday and scoop a bunch. Interested to see what others say about your light.

goldenlight

Enlightened
That sounds pretty messed up. I've been jetbeam free since my old RRT with the brightness ring. It had high battery drain. I have a Jet I on order for $13 because I've seen so many decent reviews. If I like it, I'll see if they go any cheaper on black Friday and scoop a bunch. Interested to see what others say about your light.

I have 3 other JETBeam flashlights that are REALLY NICE. One uses a single AAA, twisty interface, on uses a single AA, twisty interface. Both are REALLY small, compared to other ones made by familiar manufacturers. One is an 18650/2 x CR123. It is the same size as a Nitecore, but has MUCH better spaced levels, and costs almost exactly half the cost of an equivalent Nitecore.

The newest one has really good run times due to a much more efficient LED emitter. But the tint is unbelievably fugly, and the user interface is just as horrible as they could possibly make it. It's like the JETBeam company was taken over by people fired from those places that make $6 '2000 lumen' flashlights. It's that bad.

goldenlight

Enlightened
I also discovered that there is NO WAY TO ACCESS the 980 lumen level. The ONLY FARKING WAY TO GET TO IT is to turn on the 'TURBO' output. After the LED begins to overheat, this POS flashlight will THEN lower the output to to the 980 lumen output. The retarded baboon who designed this flashlight evidently decided that there is NO NEED to DIRECTLY ACCESS the 980 output level. Just turn it to 'turbo', which will drain an 18650 cell in a half hour or so. At some completely unspecified point, IF the LED gets too hot, THEN this POS flashlight will step down to 980 lumens. The claim in the instructions that it will run for 3 hours at 980 lumens, is just the BRAIN DEAD dream of some opium addict. YOU CAN'T TURN IT ON TO 980 LUMENS. IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
I also discovered that there is NO WAY TO ACCESS the 980 lumen level. The ONLY FARKING WAY TO GET TO IT is to turn on the 'TURBO' output. After the LED begins to overheat, this POS flashlight will THEN lower the output to to the 980 lumen output. The retarded baboon who designed this flashlight evidently decided that there is NO NEED to DIRECTLY ACCESS the 980 output level. Just turn it to 'turbo', which will drain an 18650 cell in a half hour or so. At some completely unspecified point, IF the LED gets too hot, THEN this POS flashlight will step down to 980 lumens. The claim in the instructions that it will run for 3 hours at 980 lumens, is just the BRAIN DEAD dream of some opium addict. YOU CAN'T TURN IT ON TO 980 LUMENS. IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE.

I just received the same Jetbeam 111-M Pro. On mine,I just keep the head loosened a bit per the instructions and it comes on in 980 lumen mode.From there I can access all the other modes in descending order and it has memory for each level. Keeping the head tight will force the light to come on in turbo mode when I first press the switch. Perhaps I'm not understanding the problem correctly. The one thing I don't like about this light is the screw threads don't seem to match up tightly with the tailcap and head. Once they are loosened even less than one turn they wiggle in the threads.

Latest posts