The New Replacements

Remster

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

Coming from a world of AA/AAA batteries, I never thought that I would need anything beyond Eneloop Pro's. Since joining this forum and getting involved with group buys and PM'd discount codes, I've added 14500, 18650 and 26650 flashlights to my collection (much to the dismay of my wife).

While I still admire my old flashlights, their new superpowered replacements are simply smile inducing. They light up wherever I point them and I light up everytime I use them.

Each row below shows how their purpose, the old and the new:

PurposeOldNew
Keychain:Generic AAANitecore Tube
Pocket EDC:Zebralight SC5MecArmy PT14
Backpack/Briefcase:Len Lenser P7.2Klarus XT11GT (shipping)
Gear bag/Suitcase:Thrunite TN4AKlarus G20
Apocalypse:Nitecore EA81???

Notice that all of my new lights have built-in micro USB charging. Having sampled this feature, I'm now hooked. Plus I don't want to build up another collection of batteries and chargers.

I need one more flashlight and then I'll stop (for now at least ;)). I need a replacement that will outperform my old Nitecore EA81 and it has to have micro USB charging. What do you all recommend?

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore TM15/26/36/35lite. Any one of those should outperform the EA81. I personally don't like the look of the TM26, and some have complained about the display panel. The TM36 in either flavor would really do the job, but is somewhat expensive. The ideal light for me for that niche is the TM16GT, but it doesn't do USB, and I can understand not wanting to get into chargers if you don't have to. I have never taken to in-light USB charging for the simple reason that when the light is charging, you effectively don't have that light. With a regular light I can carry an extra set of cells if I think I might need them, and I don't lose the light for a couple of hours.

bltkmt

Enlightened
Damn, I thought this was about:

The-Replacement-Renion-Tour-Poster.jpg