Just ordered my first Malkoff

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
New member here. Just snagged the last MDC HA 2AA, after talking to Gene on the phone. It should be here Fri, and I'm anxious to see it.

I'm already eyeballing the higher end Malkoffs, and am at this point considering the Hound Dog XM-L, and a charger.

JT

Strintguy

Enlightened
The M61 219b LL drop in I got from illum.com made me a Nichia fan, as well as a continued fan of Gene's. Great kit!

Blues

Enlightened
Congrats. The 2AA MDC is a great light, imho. Useful levels at 3, 25 and 250 lumens. I use mine every evening in our basement, (or outside as needed), when I go downstairs to check the dehumidifier, utility room and garage before retiring for the evening.

BTW, is anyone else having issues reading or replying in the Malkoff Junkies thread? I keep getting a database error screen when I try to go to the latest posts. I've cleared cookies and logged back in to no avail.

Last edited:

Tribull

Enlightened
Guitar guy, I love mine and it's the perfect size. Good for anything from getting my pjs in a dark room to finding a cat on 4 acres.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Thanks folks. Yes, just got the light today, a day early. It's definitely built like a tank, and the switch feels very solid. I'm eager for it to get dark outside so I can go shine it around the yard and woods.

JT

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I Love mine too,great for camping and work alike and I love the added run time with 2aa!
The 1aa is pretty great too!

Congrats.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is newlumen. I am from v54, have many modified high output light. Dont want to hijack op post. My first malkoff wildcat v6 md4 neutral was shipped today. I will be getting on sat. I will post beam shots. Thanks

rjking

Enlightened
New member here. Just snagged the last MDC HA 2AA, after talking to Gene on the phone. It should be here Fri, and I'm anxious to see it.

I'm already eyeballing the higher end Malkoffs, and am at this point considering the Hound Dog XM-L, and a charger.

JT

You're on the right path.:twothumbs

Kestrel

Flashaholic
[...] BTW, is anyone else having issues reading or replying in the Malkoff Junkies thread? I keep getting a database error screen when I try to go to the latest posts. I've cleared cookies and logged back in to no avail.
I /suspect/ that any such issues shouldn't be exclusive to just the 'Junkies' thread, but please let me know if this sort of thing persists with that particular thread.

That thread is HUGE; if it's an issue, I can close that thread and open a 'Part 3'.

Thanks & best regards,