Prime series battery compatibility?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I have a question about battery compatibility with the Prime C1 Pro V3 XP-L (Warm). Will this light run on a flat top IMR unprotected cell(16340 or 18350)? The black Keeppower High Drain 750mAh IMR18350 is what I am planning to power this light with. It says it will use flat contact batteries in the specs but, I just want to be sure. Thanks:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Many of the Armytek lights have a solid contact on the positive terminal. As a result they tend to flatten down the thin +ve battery terminal. They really need to put a spring on that end.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Yeah, a spring would be better but it is a raised contact so flat tops will work correct?

Flat tops will work with a spring. All of my Zebralights have springs and all I use are unprotected flat tops. They don't damage the batteries. The Armytek lights do and rather quickly.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flat tops will work with a spring. All of my Zebralights have springs and all I use are unprotected flat tops. They don't damage the batteries. The Armytek lights do and rather quickly.

I know flat tops will work with a spring and I said that a spring would be better but, my question was would the Armytek work with flat tops not whether a spring is better then a raised contact. I agree though and prefer a dual spring system over any other system. And, the Zebralights with the new "pogo pin" contact do damage batteries rather fast as well, its been well documented on here. I own a number of ZL's as well.

nbp

Flashaholic
I use AW flat top protected 18650s in my Prime C2. Not sure if that helps you but maybe it does.