TwinTask tail cap mod questions

TheMAXX

Newly Enlightened
This is my first post here. I have been reading and researching here for a few months. I have a Streamlight TwinTask 2L. I read about the modification of the Xenergy light with the addition of a tail cap switch. And I see that people say it seems to be the same light as the SL TT 2L. I would like to try this modification on my TT 2L. I know a guy who has access to a machine shop that will hopefully help me or maybe I should say, do it for me.

Now to my questions - is there only one place that sells the Kroll switch? The only place that I have found is http://anlighten.com/shop/default.php and I can't tell where they are located but I don't think it's in the USA. Is this the only place to find the switch? I was also thinking of trying it on a Mini Mag. I was thinking that it would be a good idea to get another TT L2 tail cap to do the mod on in case I mess up so I will still have a working light or to go back to if I don't like the mod. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement tail cap? I talked (and wrote) to Streamlight a few months ago about how I thought that this light would be great if it had a tail cap switch and they didn't seem very responsive, so I haven't called or written them about a spare tail cap.

This is a great resource thank you for all of your participation. I think I may become a flashlight addict. At the moment cash flow is the only thing keeping me from buying all these nice little toys err I mean tools.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Welcome!!!

Wait until you get the real Welcome!

Yes, it is basically the same light. I have two tailcaps out across town to get the hole bored and tapped. I am going to order my Krolls from the above website. I have done so before and will DEFINETLY do so again!

I am also pretty sure the Sandwich Shoppe is in the USA. I can check a package I THINK when I get home.

Anyhow, Hide your wallet. Also Buy Both. WELCOME!