Alt Tailcap switch for SL TT-2L?

akula88

Enlightened
I just started using my SL TT-2L as my night stand light. I like to use the led as it puts out a not so bright light. However, what annoys me is that the switching method of rotation that after you turn off the LED and Incan would become next in line.

Is there a upgrade or modification tailcap that can be fitted and be used as a tailcap switch for turning on/off? Turning the current tailcap does not cut it as it still lights up even if unscrewed almost all the way out.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try fliping the tailcap spring around...push it almost all the way down...leave just a hair sticking out. I had to put a peice of paper between the edge of the spring and the Body to keep it in place on my 2L...but not the 1L. Anyway with a little playing/effort you can turn it into a twist on/off...be sure to lube the O ring for smooth action.

Ken

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also called Streamlight, and the rep agreed that it is a cumbersome way to do it. However, the light is made in China, and that complicates the modification to what we would like to see.

Maybe if enough people called and emailed them they might make the modification in the future.

Jerry