Information wanted on this light I've had for a long time

Taxman

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0048_zpsydeqsdfc.jpg
IMG_0052_zpsuunauyom.jpg
IMG_0051_zpslvehofud.jpg
I've had this light for at least 10 years. Can anyone tell me what type of LED or emitter might be in this light? No other reason then curiosity, now that I understand much more about flashlights after spending time on this forum.

I know it was made by Emissive Energy Corporation before all the corporate changes. It's hard to see but that's what's written on the tail cap momentary switch. Is this equivalent to any lights made by Inova currently?

It has a very odd bulb-shaped lens inside the head. And look at all the rings that the beam produces.

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess is it was made before the transition to inova. I believe it's an xml under a tiros optic

Illum

Flashaholic
Inova XO2 if its a straight body or XO3 if the bezel is bigger than the body.

Inova produces these under Emissive Energy before they were acquired by Nite-Ize. It uses a Luxeon I or a Luxeon III emitter and is considered long obsolete. This was the first light I bought joining the forum in 2006. The LED is behind a very long proprietary "TIROS" optic that take up roughly half the light. They are built tough as nails and the only way to disassemble them is to flood it with water then repeatedly freeze it open

XO2: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?175921-Inova-XO2

XO3: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?97753-Frozen-Inova-XO3

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It look like an old Inova T3 with the Luxeon 3 emitter. I have a similar one myself. They are good lights aside from the odd beam profile due to the collimator(TIR) and are tough as nails with pretty nice throw.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
It look like an old Inova T3 with the Luxeon 3 emitter. I have a similar one myself. They are good lights aside from the odd beam profile due to the collimator(TIR) and are tough as nails with pretty nice throw.

The Inova T series have square checkering on the body, the X series are smooth :)