Dereelight XSearcher

see level

Enlightened
download_zpsdjq6tlp6.jpg.html
download_zpsdjq6tlp6.jpg.html
http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/1...Uploads/download_zpsdjq6tlp6.jpg.html?filters[user]=145627758&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
Does anyone have a Derrelight x searcher? Just wondering if this is what the beam should look like.

Last edited:

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
Mine looks like this. Purple fringing around inner and outer corona. The hotspot is shaped like a box.

File%20Nov%2002%209%2036%2004%20PM_zpskdyntdu8.jpeg

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
Right. Not from that picture. It's hard to capture it correctly. You can adjust the front head to focus it into that shape.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Is this the most intense hotspot you can make with this light?

The Xsearcher is/was offered in 2 different LED's. And the die projection size is smallest with the XPG2 version. From that photo posted with your last comment it appears to me to be an XML die size projection however that photo also appears to be inside of the focusable range. To show a precise focused die projection you would need to take the picture from apprx 8 to 10 mtrs at a min. I'd post my light showing the difference between the 2 LED dies and properly adjusted for a minimum focus range but I'm using a custom made Waiven collar so its focus is much more intense that your stock Xsearcher.

see level

Enlightened
Thanks .
The Xsearcher is/was offered in 2 different LED's. And the die projection size is smallest with the XPG2 version. From that photo posted with your last comment it appears to me to be an XML die size projection however that photo also appears to be inside of the focusable range. To show a precise focused die projection you would need to take the picture from apprx 8 to 10 mtrs at a min. I'd post my light showing the difference between the 2 LED dies and properly adjusted for a minimum focus range but I'm using a custom made Waiven collar so its focus is much more intense that your stock Xsearcher.

Last edited: