Best throwing 2xAA flashlight?

Jakelol

Newly Enlightened
Im only using AA batteries for my flashlights/headlamps and now im looking for the best throwing 2xAA flashlight out there.

Please help me out

Best regards
Jakob

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
I've been on this road a while. Looking into army tek, but the fenix e12 on 14500s did the trick for me (compared to thrunite t10 and olight s1a)

Best way I've been able to see it is tir optics are the way to go to keep it pocket-able.

Jakelol

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a flashlight that uses 2 AA batteries not 1 and is a great thrower.

Jakelol

Newly Enlightened
My mistake, was reading from my phone. I would still stick to my previous answer however, armytek or another company using tir optics. thrower and aa aren't general associated with each other.

No problem im not super good at all flashlight terms but im learning as i go along. TIR lenses sounds good, maybe i will go with a singel AA flashlight if its a great thrower and if I cant find a 2xAA flashlight that throws like a beast ;)

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
The Armytek partner a1/a2 verison 2 or 3 have been options ive looked at. The 2aa size ive found a little big for pocket size, but is doable. There was an option from astrolux as well I believe, I dont remember the model of it though. It has a larger reflector size that does give it a bit of an upper hand, but also looks a little large for the pocket.

Jakelol

Newly Enlightened
Im not gonna have it in my pocket so size is not a problem for me so bring it as long as its a 2aa flashlight with a crazy good throw ;)

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast

The MT21A is a better thrower, even though it only has 260 lumens compared to the 600 of the MH2A, the beam distance of the MT is 200m, the MH is 135m, the beam intensity of the MT is 10,000cd and the MH only has 4,500cd.

I have the MT21A and the throw is indeed impressive for an AA light.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you went with 4xAA a whole new world opens up..like over 450m throw... ThruNite TN4A HI

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlights are in general pretty good throwers and pretty inexpensive too.

Jakelol

Newly Enlightened
So is the Nitecore MT21A the one with the longest throw of the ones we have spoken of?

AB8XL

Enlightened
I'll agree that the Nitecore MT21A has the longest throw compared to all the other 2xAA lights I own. The reflector depth is slightly greater than the Fenix LD20 I have, all the others I have the reflector is much shallower resulting in a floodier light. The newer Fenix LD22 is rated at 120 meters, MT21A is rated at 200 meters, costs less than the Fenix LD22 and MT21A has a forward clicky switch which allows you to press on the switch without fully depressing it completely to momentarily turn the light on.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh v54 sell lumintop sd4avn lumen 1150/ lux 67k and sunwayman d40avn... both use AA. Its worth to check it out. I will be getting a sunwayma d40avn. So i will write a short review when i get it.

Jakelol

Newly Enlightened
Vinh v54 sell lumintop sd4avn lumen 1150/ lux 67k and sunwayman d40avn... both use AA. Its worth to check it out. I will be getting a sunwayma d40avn. So i will write a short review when i get it.

Do you have any numbers on how long the throw is on the two your talking about?

Jakelol

Newly Enlightened
I probably wasnt really clear but im looking for a flashlight that is a laser so to say that rums on 2aa. I used to have a Deerlight with a aspherical lens that i really liked but it used 18650 and now I only use AA because they are so easy to get when your traveling :)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you went with 4xAA a whole new world opens up..like over 450m throw... ThruNite TN4A HI

+1 check out the TN4A HI. It is available in neutral white or cool white and gets great reviews. Having 4AA gives it a lot better runtime along with higher output as well. There are a number of videos on it on Youtube as well.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any numbers on how long the throw is on the two your talking about?

Sorry. I am more of 18650. I just got my sunwayman d40avn. I didnt purchase specs number.. the good thing about my AA light is i can put any cheap AA battery, and the light works fine. But i am ordering eneloop.. if you want to know the throw distance, please email [email protected]