"This order is on hold."

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Re:

last time i put my order on July 4th sale, my order was held for over two weeks.

I think normally this is caused by out of stock....

jtice

Flashaholic
Re:

Mines been on hold a long time also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I ordered... something like 2 and a half weeks ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
Re: \'this order on hold\'

i'm sure peter is cranking them out as fast as he can, but it still sucks to wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

maybe he could fly in a temp worker to help? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened

I ordered mine on January 27th by paypal, I have no idea where I am on the list but someone said somewhere (I can't be any more specific than that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) that paypal orders fall to the end of the line. Don't know if it's true but that's what I think I read somewhere, uh maybe er nevermind! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kanai

Newly Enlightened

I placed an order for my ARC 4+ on 1/13/04 and still no confirmation e-mail, the anticipation is killing me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Zvi

Newly Enlightened

Mine was ordered on Jan 20, got it on Feb 1st. TO be honest I was not even expecting it for a month or two... So, I was surprised, and it was a good one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

P.S. If you think few months too bad... I've been waiting for some custom knives for 3-4 years. (And counting). Not that I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Boxster986

Newly Enlightened

Waiting 3-4 years for a knife.........Whao!....Now that's a big backlog.

I ordered on Jan 19, Fedex had mine for around 5 days. Just got it this afternoon and used it at work tonight. I really like it. It's worth the wait.

Prolepsis

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Zvi said:
P.S. If you think few months too bad... I've been waiting for some custom knives for 3-4 years. (And counting). Not that I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes! Similar with regards to my custom cues (when I used to play pool more)--a wait of 1-5 years for a cue from a good custom cue maker is normal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

To get back on topic, I've never had an order on "Hold" except for the ARC4+ (preordered).

Kanai: I've always gotten a confirmation (order) email pretty much right away. I believe that part of the process is automated(?)... is it possible that you have a typo when you entered your email address? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Of course, I've always used CC, so I don't know if the order confirmation process is different for PayPal.

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East

Doesn't make much sense to me...

It was in stock when I ordered and also in stock tuesday. Just yesterday I checked and the site reports out of stock.

Website also indicates that orders typically take three business days to ship out!

Boy do I miss the old days of calling Dan at TW and he would tell me he's packing it up and getting ready to hand it to the Fed Ex guy...

Cheers!

dtsoll

Enlightened

Sharkeeper,
There was a thread about this a while back, don't remember the specifics but it is only a preorder!! Not really in stock!! Do a search or go back several pages of threads for more info! Later, Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East

No I remember when the site indicated a preorder status and preorders were taken.

If this is indeed a preorder, it should indicate as such on the website and should not say orders will be shipped within three days.

Also, a lot of people already have received their lights.

I don't mind waiting as long as it is made clear at the time of purchase especially considering the charge is made at the time of purchase. With a preorder, the charge should be placed at the time of shipment!

If it's going to take this long I'll probably cancel the order as I really don't *need* this light and my LSH-P and L4 are working fine...

Cheers!

dtsoll

Enlightened

Sharkeeper, I haven't looked at the Arc order page lately, does it not say "preorders" now? Hmmm, I hope it all works out for you! I was under the impression they were still only preorders, anyway, good luck man! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is probably better discussed between you and Peter for clarification. Either via phone or e-mail, I am sure you would receive a better explanation than the speculation that is going on here (no offense anyone).

Mike

Prolepsis

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
sharkeeper said:
I don't mind waiting as long as it is made clear at the time of purchase especially considering the charge is made at the time of purchase. With a preorder, the charge should be placed at the time of shipment!
Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi sharkeeper:

When I preordered my ARC4+, they charged my CC when they shipped the item--not during my preorder.
Like others have mentioned, however, it is probably best for you to follow up with Merri at ARC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts