MILDLY irritating Amazon/eBay listings

BugoutBoys

Enlightened
I it just me or does it irritate you to see ads for a "8,000 lumen XM-L T6 flashlight!"

I see these ads and it makes me wonder if the seller knows anything and is just guessing or if the manufacturer lied to them or what? What's sad is that most people believe that an XM-L is capable of 6,000+ lumens... a T6 at that..

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: VERY irritating Amazon/eBay listings

Yes, it's frustrating that this ultra-false advertising is sort of tolerated. These flashlights generally comes with some 4800 mah Ulltrafire 18650.

BugoutBoys

Enlightened

I know, it's rediculous. I remember seeing a 6,000 mah 18650 and I messaged the seller (just for kicks) to ask if he is sure it has been tested at 6,000 mah and he said absolutely it's legit.

Lexel

Enlightened

One XML T6 does in a normal light about 800 OTF lumens

and those fire batteries have typical 600-1200mAh some even worse

BugoutBoys

Enlightened

One XML T6 does in a normal light about 800 OTF lumens

and those fire batteries have typical 600-1200mAh some even worse

Exactly. I think the max is about 925 LED lumens and that's still pushing it to about 300%

markr6

Flashaholic

The other thing I really hate about eBay listings are loaded titles. Someone selling an Olight:

Olight S30R Fenix Nitecore Eagletac Jetbeam

Idiot!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought one boruit "5000 lumen" headlamp just to annoy a seller on facebook. He claimed that it was genuine output. The 5000 mAh batteries was also genuine. Only 100 $... Said it was not possible. But he just was rude, and claimed i didnt know anything about led lights and 18650 batteries. Even when i linked to the cree site for the specs of the led, i was wrong... So got one on ebay for 10 $. Got 3 xm-l leds, and no heatsinking at all, since its made mosly of plastic... So when i see him put one on sale in facebook groups for 100$, bragging about this is the best headlight. I make a ad, wts this p.o.s for 5 $. And explain why its a p.o.s light.. With a beamshot side by side with a malkoff hound dog. The 700 lumen hound dog destroys this plastic headlamp in output..No one wants to buy mine for 5$, so i guess he will have problems selling his stock out for 100$.. I dont think the seller likes me :)

matt4350

Enlightened

I bought one boruit "5000 lumen" headlamp just to annoy a seller on facebook. He claimed that it was genuine output. The 5000 mAh batteries was also genuine. Only 100 $... Said it was not possible. But he just was rude, and claimed i didnt know anything about led lights and 18650 batteries. Even when i linked to the cree site for the specs of the led, i was wrong... So got one on ebay for 10 $. Got 3 xm-l leds, and no heatsinking at all, since its made mosly of plastic... So when i see him put one on sale in facebook groups for 100$, bragging about this is the best headlight. I make a ad, wts this p.o.s for 5 $. And explain why its a p.o.s light.. With a beamshot side by side with a malkoff hound dog. The 700 lumen hound dog destroys this plastic headlamp in output..No one wants to buy mine for 5$, so i guess he will have problems selling his stock out for 100$.. I dont think the seller likes me :)

Outstanding! :) More people should do this!

BugoutBoys

Enlightened

The other thing I really hate about eBay listings are loaded titles. Someone selling an Olight:

Olight S30R Fenix Nitecore Eagletac Jetbeam
**Laughing**
What makes it worse is when they have all of that then stamp a big USA flag on the image to make you think it's USA made

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast

As flawed as the ANSI/NEMA FL1 standard is, it at least is a recognized way to compare different lights. I'm willing to bet that most of those sellers wouldn't know what the FL1 standard is if it bit them on the nose. Besides, if they did list their specs to the standard, no one would want to buy their light. Oh, and the Olight Fenix Nitecore et. al. listing is so they get hit by as many different search strings as possible.

It would be nice if sites like Amazon, Facebook, and Ebay, etc. would police these ads and make the seller prove their specs before allowing them to be posted. It would greatly improve their image and cut down on customer complaints when they find out how crappy the light they just purchased really is. It wouldn't even take much. A simple scan of the submitted listing could catch any mention of more than say 4,000 lumens and kick it back to a real person to handle. I know we are all smart enough to not fall for this feldercarb, but there are a lot of gullible people out there who know nothing about lights, and if you claim a huge output and mention the word military they believe it is true.

GoBlue

Newly Enlightened

Hi guys, I also hate the loaded titles. I've noticed lately some surefires on ebay listed for $300-500 - someone has them in stock and apparently doesn't need to move them quickly. They are unwilling to lower price...don't know if they're ever going to sell. Several E1l-a for $360 for example.
I know there are serious collectors on here and you don't want to give away all your secrets...but... good ideas other than ebay? I know it's possible to have success there if you check often and are quick

defbear

Newly Enlightened

Well Done!

defbear

Newly Enlightened

One easy solution is don't go to amazon or e/bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amazon could be worse. I bought my first (out of four) HDS 250 Tactical flashlights from Amazon. Stocked and sold by Amazon. They have one left.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast

Amazon could be worse. I bought my first (out of four) HDS 250 Tactical flashlights from Amazon. Stocked and sold by Amazon. They have one left.
It's a matter of Amazon proper vs the marketplace with 3rd parties.

On today's deals I found a light saying 2000lm xml2 (thats another gx700 clone) and an 11 led light claiming 28000 lumen from 11 supposedly xml2s. Both absolutely crap claims. Both random marketplace sellers.

wjv

Enlightened

Using Secret Military / Special-Forces Technology!!!