XTAR Direct -Now- Lumens Direct

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might explain some of the recent price increases there.

Here is what they are saying:

LUMENS Direct (formally XTAR Direct) is an authorized distributor for a variety of brand-name products. We are a privately owned and operated company with over 8 years of experience in LED flashlight distribution and manufacturing.
In order to expand our product line and reach a greater audience, we have changed our name to reflect our new direction for 2017!
LUMENS Direct is an LED innovation company with a mission to be the #1 choice for flashlights, everyday carry, batteries, battery chargers, service, and support.

BWX

Enlightened
That sucks I used to buy chargers and stuff from xtardirect.. good deals.

TCY

Enlightened
chargernjusy.jpg

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha, nice ;) I always have to laugh when I see some sales on amazon which are just 1cent below the original price but this sale is even better.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

david57strat

Enlightened
What ever became of Lumens Direct? I bought all 16 of my XTAR chargers through them (the first ones, when they called XTAR Direct, and located about ten or so minutes away. The Lumens Direct store was only maybe five minutes away, right here, in town, and they always took care of me. Then they closed up shop, but still had a PO box to send return merchandise, which I only ever used once. They made things right.
I'm only asking, because I just heard about XTAR's new VC2S model, so I thought I'd see if they were being carried by Lumens Direct, but the website seems dead.

vY43EAB.jpg

Anyone know if they're still around?

Rickajho

Newly Enlightened
What ever became of Lumens Direct? I bought all 16 of my XTAR chargers through them (the first ones, when they called XTAR Direct, and located about ten or so minutes away. The Lumens Direct store was only maybe five minutes away, right here, in town, and they always took care of me. Then they closed up shop, but still had a PO box to send return merchandise, which I only ever used once. They made things right.
I'm only asking, because I just heard about XTAR's new VC2S model, so I thought I'd see if they were being carried by Lumens Direct, but the website seems dead.

vY43EAB.jpg

Anyone know if they're still around?

Dead and gone. Good riddance.

They announced a clearance sale on September 15th 2018 via their email list, citing they were closing the retail division to focus on their wholesale business.

GOOD BYE RETAIL, HELLO WHOLESALE!

We are making a major change to our website! After 8 years of both a retail and wholesale presence, we have decided to focus on our WHOLESALE division only, moving forward.

What does this mean for you?

We are clearing out the remaining online RETAIL inventory at exceptionally low prices. Once we are cleared out, our website will be temporarily closed while we revamp the website for access to our wholesale customers and distributors only.

When is this happening?

Our clearance sale is happening now and ends at the end of September 2018. We will close our website for the rest of October 2018, and re-open in November 2018.

To our loyal retail customers, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We thank you for the many years of support!

Thank you,
LUMENS Direct

The clearance sale dragged on for months and they finally shut down the web site late 12/2018 or early 01/2019. A wholesale site has never appeared.

I had ordered from Xtardirect since 2014 - and they were great - but after the name change in 11/2016 the customer service changed as well. Nothing but problems with the orders I placed in 2017 & 2018: unexplained delays (week or more, usually more) in processing orders, inventory problems that allowed you to order out of stock items, unauthorized item substitutions, orders missing items, flashlight kits missing parts, multiple emails required over weeks in order to get a response. There was a ream of bad reviews on their site regarding a special on 18650 batteries that were ordered and never shipped. Stuff like that.

They were good. Then they weren't. Then they went out of business.

Rick