My 2 Arc4's reset in 10 sec, not 120, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithium

Newly Enlightened
My 2 Arc4\'s reset in 10 sec, not 120, and...

...it looks like I got two different versions of software. Both lights are from the 1/30 shipment.

To be specific, if I loosen or remove the battery compartment for about ten seconds - just long enough for the Ready-For-Service sequence to trigger - the lights will reset the Locator Flash or reset from Pure-momentary Tactical Mode. (The Locator Flash does not work in Pure-momentary Tactical Mode, but I don't know if it should.)

As for the software, one light has a level 16 Locator Flash, while the other is much brighter (It's hard to tell, but I think it's level 3). The one with the brighter Locator is also sluggish to respond. I cannot click it as fast as the other and it doesn't seem to learn my rapid clicking. The sluggish one also has a pronounced irregular flicker at level 16. It resembles a dyeing battery or poor contacts, but I checked that.

I would appreciate any insight on these issues.

To end on a positive note, I just want to say that I am otherwise very happy with my 4's! One of them (the good one!) is an almost perfect white, the other a bit violet, but very nice. No stinking green!!! These will not become 'toys' like most of the 50 or so flashlights that litter my house. I can't wait for the AA and 2x123 packs!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My 2 Arc4\'s reset in 10 sec, not 120, and...

the one with the brighter locator flash should have the 123 software revision. the one with the dim locator flash probably has software revision 130 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.