Review: Acebeam EC35

bdogps

Enlightened
Greetings,
This is my review of Acebeam's EC35 it was provided by Gearbest at a discounted price. I bought the silver edition of the EC35.

Specifications:

• Cree XP-L HD

• Tint: White

• Working Voltage: 2.7-9.0

• Uses one 18650 or two CR123

• Modes and Run times:
    FireFly: 0.3Lumens 1200 hours
    Low: 30 lumens 70 hours
    Medium: 250 Lumens 6 hours
    High: 550 lumens 2 Hours and 30 minutes
    Turbo: 1200 lumens 1 hour and 10 minutes
    Strobe: 1200 lumens 2 hours and 30 Minutes.
Acebeam states that their run times are based using a Samsung 2600 mAh battery.
Tint: White
Accessories:

4kFrUd7l.jpg

How it came boxed:

LYPMJEJl.jpg

The Manual:
KpPE8cOl.jpg

To read it in detail:http://i.imgur.com/KpPE8cO.jpg?1

zecymkNl.jpg

To readi it in detail:http://i.imgur.com/zecymkN.jpg?2

How Acebeam advertises it:

6VtRzBpl.jpg

Here are some images of the torch:

Body:

EdBXUzJl.jpg

Lgrs3qdl.jpg

tW7MIa5l.jpg

Mode Switch:

3sjVCZml.jpg

The head:
yBRjMnIl.jpg

5BpddTMl.jpg

Z6LXLQol.png

Threads:
INb2V6el.jpg

Tail Cap:

h4oKwCEl.jpg

Ytw7Cp1l.jpg

O4spFwVl.jpg

Size Comparison:

DZsHEEbl.jpg

Reflector Comparison:

ZIe1pgRl.jpg

Beam shots:

MoonLight:

IMTztJZl.jpg

HWS90nTl.jpg

Low:

Vgt9TJil.jpg

6dI31xal.jpg

Medium:

e1GtaWKl.jpg

d00xhrhl.jpg

High:

Y0EwPt2l.jpg

xn2xCASl.jpg

Turbo:

XP7ZgPyl.jpg

r6m0a1Wl.jpg

*Mode switch and user interface:*
You need to hold the mode switch for at least more than _1.5 seconds_ to activate the strobe mode. If you turn off the torch while on strobe mode, it will turn on strobe mode. The only difference is that if you turn it off while on strobe, then turn it back on while still on strobe mode, and then you press the mode switch to disable the strobe, the light goes into firefly mode automatically. It only has to be off less than 1 second for this to happen. If you turn it back on less than .5 of a second and disable the strobe, it will go back to the last mode use. If you do not turn off the torch while on strobe and press the mode switch, it will go back to last mode used.
The mode switch is made from aluminium or non-iron metal. It is pretty smooth and hard to feel around for it in the dark. Simple solution for this as others have done in the past is to simply point your pocket clip towards the mode switch.

*Looks and Knurling of the torch:*
The knurling of the EC35 is pretty smooth. It is as not as rough and does not feel as it has much grip as your standard black type HAIII hard anodized torches.
My EC35 came with extra markings of the brand and model. On the side where the modes switch is located, the markings look faded and worn out. Perhaps it was bad quality control or they felt that it would affect the performance of the torch. On the back of if, the markings look well and dark.
Overall this torch is in par with your Nitecore P12, your Fenix PD35, and your Thrunite Tn12. The silver colour is an eye catching and you would definitely find it quickly in your dark bag.

*Final Thoughts:*

There is nothing wrong with the torch or its finish. To me, the finish reminds of galvanized fences. That is just my opinion, other than that, it's great torch. Another good thing about it, that the tail caps twist on easily but not so much off because of the O-ring and it's the same with the head. The contacts springs are soft but not soft enough to hear the battery rattle inside the torch.

wwJ08t1l.jpg

Thank you